What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the best sides to watch?

Who are the best sides to watch at their best (4 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StormHi

Juniors
Game against rabbits Melbourne's first try how many hands did it travel through boring??? Pigs ass it's boring Jesus loudly I like you but damn you are stuck in the past Melbourne have been playing some really exciting scrambling end to end expansive footy this year.

BDR

First Grade
Melbourne and Manly?? You are taking the piss.

Melbourne are the one team I generally go out of my way to avoid watching. Wrestling, grubby, moaning for penalties. They represent everything wrong with the game today. Manly less so, but they don't play a very attractive brand of football at all.

Inglis#3

Juniors
Storm, Rabbitohs & Cowboys.

Whoever says the Storm are boring don't respect good football. The set plays which the Big Three formulate can only be marvelled at.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think this year the Warriors have been pretty entertaining but at times in previous years our excitement value has been very overrated.

To me it's exciting when teams spread the ball with precision and the Warriors have rarely been able to do that consistently down the years. At our best there has been a lot of ad lib stuff but I would've preferred sweeping movements executed properly tbh.

The reliance on ad lib actually makes us one of the more boring attacking teams when we're camped in the opposition 20. Lots of one-out stuff and clueless dithering.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The current Warriors team benefits from having Johnson, Hurrell, Vatuvei and Mateo in particular imo (although this year Mateo hasn't been used that effectively). Johnson does plenty of sensational stuff, Hurrell is close to the best guy in the comp for running over 5 blokes to score and is fast enough to score long range tries as well, and Vatuvei is similar, a bit faster but probably not quite as freakishly destructive as Hurrell at his best. Mateo provides the freaky offloads and trick shots that you don't expect from many other guys his size.

As far as coherent, slick attacking football? Not so much. But we have enough individuals who can combine out of nowhere to score unconventional but exciting team tries.

Hit up after hitup and endless grapples are hardly gripping. The Storm are only exciting when Slater is in space.

Have you been hiding under a rock? To say Melbourne are grapplers is stereotyping. Times have changed. The Eels were guilty of grappling, slowing the play of the ball, comical defensive errors and fading out in the the last 30 mins.

Best teams to watch are teams who pull off set plays. Melbourne have it in spades.

Dav0c

Juniors
The current Warriors team benefits from having Johnson, Hurrell, Vatuvei and Mateo in particular imo (although this year Mateo hasn't been used that effectively). Johnson does plenty of sensational stuff, Hurrell is close to the best guy in the comp for running over 5 blokes to score and is fast enough to score long range tries as well, and Vatuvei is similar, a bit faster but probably not quite as freakishly destructive as Hurrell at his best. Mateo provides the freaky offloads and trick shots that you don't expect from many other guys his size.

As far as coherent, slick attacking football? Not so much. But we have enough individuals who can combine out of nowhere to score unconventional but exciting team tries.

Hurrell has to be the most exciting player in the NRL at the moment.. His highlight reel will be insane in 5 years time.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As much as I hate to say it, but Melbourne - they play deep; similar to the sides of the 70s and 80s.

POPEYE

Coach
Most exciting game I watched this year was Tonga v Samoa . . . 80 minutes of fascination

ek999

First Grade
Parramatta. When they play you know the opposition is going to play some good attacking football and score a shitload of points...