What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the fastest players we have?

Correct me I I’m wrong but wasn’t there foot races between clubs before one of the finals. That. Would have been more than 20 years ago

Yeah they used to have these races in grand final day going back to when they played the GF at the SCG.

I’ve seen the odd relay race at semis in years gone by (end to end with a footy to pass to the next guys etc) but always lower grade / Under 20’s players mostly unknowns.

I’d love to see a match race again at the GF. But think end of season trips would make this hard to get together. Maybe a prize pool, winner take all $50k of something like that could gain player interest. Apart from those who like to hit the off season headlines ...

Surfclub Saint

Juniors
Yeah they used to have these races in grand final day going back to when they played the GF at the SCG.

I’ve seen the odd relay race at semis in years gone by (end to end with a footy to pass to the next guys etc) but always lower grade / Under 20’s players mostly unknowns.

I’d love to see a match race again at the GF. But think end of season trips would make this hard to get together. Maybe a prize pool, winner take all $50k of something like that could gain player interest. Apart from those who like to hit the off season headlines ...
I seem to remember Barry Beath winning the fastest forward race many years ago

dino1

Juniors
Was Mcidiot fast in his day.

In addition where does Silverman play?????? Is he a chance of playing in first grade.

BLM01

First Grade
Is the thread re the Dragons side this year or the whole comp?
Ben Hunt is deceptively quick over the 1st 20 I am told. Dufty without a doubt over 100. Field close behind.
New recuits of Ravalawa & Pearson NFI but hopefully speedsters.
For our forwards McInnes / Robson no doubt. Frizzell over 100 up there.
And Vaughan when fit can move quick early for a big man.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Then of course you had the reverse in that man with the heart of a lion John Ribot De Bresac who went from the forwards to the wing.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Anyone know how quick is that Silverman dude?
CC
I heard some talk he might be even quicker than Field over 100m, can maintain his pace over the distance. I think the club is just trying to keep a lid on things & keep him away from the media so there's not too much hype or pressure.

Como Connection

First Grade
I heard some talk he might be even quicker than Field over 100m, can maintain his pace over the distance. I think the club is just trying to keep a lid on things & keep him away from the media so there's not too much hype or pressure.
Good, keep him under raps for the next two/three years.
CC