What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are your current 3 favourite male NRL teams and why?

Wb1234

Referee
1.EELS
When I started to become interested, follow and passionate about rugby league in Australia, the flagship team was Eels with players like Cronin, Price, Sterling and i made that team mine.
And when i went first to Australia (for a SOO game), walk by the Sydney Opera House, visit of the Parra League Club and visit of Peter Wynn's score was part of my to do list.
2.WARRIORS
Warriors bring some little exoticism in the NRL, the importance of a strong presence of RL in NZ.
Iconic Stacey Jones
3.ROOSTERS
I am french, so i like the tricolore 🔵⚪🔴, the chantecler.
There is a connection between the roosters tri colours and France rugby league

can’t remember it exactly anywhere I read it ten years ago

soc123_au

Staff member
1.EELS
When I started to become interested, follow and passionate about rugby league in Australia, the flagship team was Eels with players like Cronin, Price, Sterling and i made that team mine.
And when i went first to Australia (for a SOO game), walk by the Sydney Opera House, visit of the Parra League Club and visit of Peter Wynn's score was part of my to do list.
2.WARRIORS
Warriors bring some little exoticism in the NRL, the importance of a strong presence of RL in NZ.
Iconic Stacey Jones
3.ROOSTERS
I am french, so i like the tricolore 🔵⚪🔴, the chantecler.
Tourism Australia franticly taking notes.

Wb1234

Referee
Maybe Tour Eiffel and "Stade Pershing" stadium of the first ever RL game played in France but it no longer exists and that's all for an aussie RL fan touring in Paris 😁
What French union did to French rugby league was a tragedy

in six years rugby league had overtaken rugby union so they had to cheat to stay alive

I hope one day France has four French super league clubs with toulose marseille and Lyon joining catalans

since joining super league les catalans have been an amazing club

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
There could be no greater complement.

Why the f**k would we want to be likeable to any fanbase other than our own?
I can only speak for myself, but I love the game more than any individual club, so I find clubs likeable that grow the game (Melbourne), or can draw massive amounts of hype to the game when winning (Warriors).

As a Queenslander of course I have a soft spot for our four teams.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I find clubs likeable that grow the game (Melbourne),
LU reading this be like:
mr-bean-mr-beans-holiday.gif

Apey

Staff member
Knights
Storm
Idk. I used to like Eels as a kid. I was bandwagoning them in 2001 then my own team actually won and that phase ended.

I was happy when Sharks won in 2016. Awful, awful fans though and Gallen is a top tier moron.

Wb1234

Referee
Knights
Storm
Idk. I used to like Eels as a kid. I was bandwagoning them in 2001 then my own team actually won and that phase ended.

I was happy when Sharks won in 2016. Awful, awful fans though and Gallen is a top tier moron.
I met Gallen once at saphire suite in the cross guy was a dead set legend

I was winding him up about his hatred for the dragons and how he took a dive to milk a penalty to win the game.

he even tried to fix me up with his hot ex gf but she didn’t want a bar of me

Woody90

Juniors
I suspect the majority of posts:

1. The team I support.
2. The Warriors team that are too far away to hate.
3. The Titans or the Dophins that are too irrelevant to hate.

Tigers because I would probably be a Washington General fan
Warriors because up the wahs
Cowboys because they lose a grand final to team 1

I would have included the eels but they are female

Apey

Staff member
Another way of picking a team would be who are you ok with winning the premiership if not for your own team.

Warriors
Tigers - but not until after my team has won another, because that would be embarrassing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Another way of picking a team would be who are you ok with winning the premiership if not for your own team.

Warriors
Tigers - but not until after my team has won another, because that would be embarrassing.
Can't have the Tigpies winning with Wobbie involved

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
My team: Eels, because of the 1984 Grand Final. I was 4 and my family were watching the game. My brothers and I decided to choose a team to go for on the day and we liked the look of Parra. Been a fan of the club ever since...and hate the Dogs with a passion ever since as well.

Other team I like: Tigers. I grew up in the Campbelltown area and now I live in the Balmain area. My brother played for the Magpies back in the day (lower grades), and my Dad was a Balmain supporter when I was a kid, so I have a soft spot for both sides of the merger. They aren't usually a threat in the comp either, so I don't have to worry about all my mates who are Tigers fans (of which I have a lot) being too happy.

I also don't mind the Warriors. They seem to have great fans, every time I've gone to a game involving the Warriors they are always friendly and happy to joke around. I don't think I can say the same for any other club's fans (including the Eels).

I used to like Canberra. But then they signed Ricky to coach them.

Newcastle Knights - my D.N.A so no choice

Parra
grew up watching footy in the late 70's ( 1 game a week on ABC and listening to others on the wireless in the back yard with my Dad ) the best backline ever assembled in club football.

Penrith
recently , so happy to see a club grow their own and succeed. The game needs more of it desperately and a lot less of the Roosters style pillaging the cream of 16 yr old kids and claiming them as their own. If all clubs were like the Roosters the game would be dead within 10 years.

3 most hated

Rorters ( as above ) Broncos ( f**k Murdoch and the Bronco he rode to town on ) Storm ( cheats - the Lance Armstrong of Rugba League, and ruined it for everyone in those cheating years and should have been disbanded ) + Smith had the most punchable face in footy.

Newcastle Knights - my D.N.A so no choice

Parra
grew up watching footy in the late 70's ( 1 game a week on ABC and listening to others on the wireless in the back yard with my Dad ) the best backline ever assembled in club football.

Penrith
recently , so happy to see a club grow their own and succeed. The game needs more of it desperately and a lot less of the Roosters style pillaging the cream of 16 yr old kids and claiming them as their own. If all clubs were like the Roosters the game would be dead within 10 years.

3 most hated

Rorters ( as above ) Broncos ( f**k Murdoch and the Bronco he rode to town on ) Storm ( cheats - the Lance Armstrong of Rugba League, and ruined it for everyone in those cheating years and should have been disbanded ) + Smith had the most punchable face in footy.
What fabricated pageantry is this? If everyone did a Roosters, where would all the rest of the juniors go? Junior footy would still exist and besides, you couldn’t hate us anymore if everyone did it.

What fabricated pageantry is this? If everyone did a Roosters, where would all the rest of the juniors go? Junior footy would still exist and besides, you couldn’t hate us anymore if everyone did it.
No amount of cognitive dissonance will negate facts.

Every lover of rugba league should cheer the success of the Panthers, and long should the model of nurturing grass roots footy and development be a winning formula.