What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who burnt down Cumberland Oval - Was it you ?

noosa-eel

Juniors
I too was there and remember it well. From my memory they were taking their sweet time bulldozing the joint so a few fans decided to do it for them and made a huge bonfire out of the seats and fencing. As for the players i don't think they had even arrived back at the club at that stage and i don't know when they did as i stayed where all the fun was............. :roll:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yeah, Cumberland was but a memory when the team bus got back.

From memory, Ray Prices book reckons they left the SCG after a prolonged celebratoin in the dressing rooms, and went to Ron Hilditch's parents place who were having a barbie! By the time they got to Parra Leagues, they couldn't get near O'Connell St, so the left the bus where the crush of the crowd stopped it. Sterlo reckons his feet never touched the ground!

After that night, any team that wins something and DOESN'T burn it's stadium isn't bloody trying!

Quigs

Immortal
noosa-eel said:
I too was there and remember it well. From my memory they were taking their sweet time bulldozing the joint so a few fans decided to do it for them and made a huge bonfire out of the seats and fencing. As for the players i don't think they had even arrived back at the club at that stage and i don't know when they did as i stayed where all the fun was............. :roll:

Gidday Noosa.

How about letting us know of your memories....

It is folklore how the Parra supporters burnt Cumberland down the night the witch died.

I look forward to hearing back from you - not chasing literary classics, just tell it like it happend - Misty Bee is in the site, why not Noosa.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Suitman said:
Quigs - I can add some stuff when I get some time.

Cheers, Suity

Thanks Suity, I look forward to hearing back from you.

By the way good win on the weekend.

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts