What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we keep?

Penrose_11

Juniors
Signed 2021 and beyond:
RTS
Ken
Fus
Aitken
Pompey
Perham
Ratuva
CHT
Kodi
BMM
JTB
Evans
Paasi
Murchie
Curran
Rudolph????
Ah Mau
Katoa
King Vuniyayawa
Harris
Tevaga
Egan
Blair (has option in his favour)
Lawton

I’m sure i’ve missed couple but the only new players we’ve signed who’re not here this year are Junior Ratuva, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Evans and Toby Rudolf and he’s still up in the air.

Confirmed as out the door is:
Green
Burr
Beale
Roache
Milne

Plus this lot hanging by a thread:
Papali
Keighran
Pulu
Afoa (has 2021 deal)
Hiku
Herbert
Frei

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
All these players have contributed to the shit performances we've had over the past 3 years so can really have no complaints if they are tapped on the shoulder.

If there is one thing Brown has shown he can do, it's sort out a roster to make a team competitive. Did it with the dragons before Wayne came in and did it with the Knights before Obrien came in.

Any moves that he is making I'd back them, and I'm sure Gould would put his 2 cents in if he was making a wrong move.

Rich102

Staff member
Warriors prop Bunty Afoa has been told he’s free to talk to other clubs while outside back Patrick Herbert will be playing for a new contract over the remainder of the NRL season.

The 23-year-old Afoa hasn’t played this season because of torn ACL, but sources in Australia have revealed to Stuff that he’s being shopped around other NRL clubs after being told he doesn’t feature in the Warriors’ plans.

Afoa is contracted to the club for 2021, but if it’s looking like he won’t get much game time, it’s a better option for him to make the move soon, rather than spend a year in the reserves and then look for a new club.

As for Herbert, who is also 23, his contract finishes at the end of the current campaign and Stuff understands the club hasn’t yet decided on whether to offer him a new deal.

Herbert will miss Sunday’s game against the Bulldogs as he recovers rom a hamstring injury picked up in training on Tuesday.

If he is able to recover quickly, it will mean he’ll have just five games to convince the Warriors he’s worth offering a new contract to.

Herbert has been impressive the past two weeks, where he’s scored three tries, but over the season he’s made a number of handling errors and has been caught on defence at times.

Once back on the field, Herbert will need to show he can consistently play to the level he was against the Sea Eagles and Panthers and isn’t just lifting his game when playing for a new contract.

Peta Hiku has been offered a contract for next year, although for less money than his current one, so Herbert’s future could also be dependent on what Hiku does.

The Warriors have signed Euan Aitken next year from the Dragons to take one of the centre spots, but the club are no longer interested in England centre Oliver Gildart, who plays for Wigan and was part of the Great Britain team that toured New Zealand last year.

Once Aitken was signed, there was less need for the Warriors to get the 24-year-old Gildart, as the club believe Aitken can be that strike centre which interim coach Todd Payten has said the club needs.

While the Warriors liked Gildart, what complicated signing him or any player from England is the uncertainty of where the team will be based next season, whether he’d be allowed into New Zealand, because of the current border restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

The Warriors reached agreement with the Sharks lock Toby Rudolf a few months ago to join the club next season.

But soon after this, Rudolf decided he wanted to remain in Australia on compassionate grounds.

While there hasn’t been much progress made on where Rudolf will end up next season, the Warriors still hope to provide possible solutions which would allow the 24-year-old to join the club.

Stuff revealed on Monday that hooker Nathaniel Roache is leaving the club at the end of the season, while prop Lachlan Burr confirmed on Tuesday that he’s also moving on.

So the squad for next year is taking shape Ben Murdoch-Masila and Kane Evans will add a lot to the Warriors’ forward stocks and more signings are expected to be announced.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-bunty-afoa-patrick-herberts-future-uncertain

One Warrior

Bench
Signed 2021 and beyond:
RTS
Ken
Fus
Aitken
Pompey
Perham
Ratuva
CHT
Kodi
BMM
JTB
Evans
Paasi
Murchie
Curran
Rudolph????
Ah Mau
Katoa
King Vuniyayawa
Harris
Tevaga
Egan
Blair (has option in his favour)
Lawton

I’m sure i’ve missed couple but the only new players we’ve signed who’re not here this year are Junior Ratuva, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Evans and Toby Rudolf and he’s still up in the air.

Confirmed as out the door is:
Green
Burr
Beale
Roache
Milne

Plus this lot hanging by a thread:
Papali
Keighran
Pulu
Afoa (has 2021 deal)
Hiku
Herbert
Frei
I think Blair is gone too, certainly being encouraged to go, Aitken’s signature yet to be confirmed by club, has been by player, don’t think King Vuniyayawa has a contract past this year.

waipiro

Juniors
Bit surprised about Bunty being moved on but hopeful on retaining Hiku at value.
Good move freeing up Burr too.

Few positive signs there IMO including making some tough calls to improve the squad.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Happy to see Hiku moved on or retained as cheap depth. Hopefully we sign another outside back or someone like Perham steps up to fill the void.

Big Marn

Juniors
Happy to see Hiku moved on or retained as cheap depth. Hopefully we sign another outside back or someone like Perham steps up to fill the void.
Thats the key. Players that will improve the longer they are with us, not stagnate.

I thought Brad Parker at Manly was the worst player id ever seen a season or so back, but now he's improved so much that Beaver even gave him a pass mark.

Hiku has stayed at pretty much the same level the whole time he's been here. Rocks and Diamonds.

Latest posts