What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Vozzy

Juniors
Michael Gordon could be a good short term buy. He would be 300k max I reckon and can kick goals.

Shredder

Juniors
Gordon ticks the boxes.

The reality is that we are going to have a stack of new players at our club. Putting in someone like Gordon who has a steadying influence and fits into multiple team structures for like two years allows us to focus on other positions, then attack a fullback in a year or two.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Gordon is a good player as well plus he is a good goal kicker. We can't sign him on for too long though because I don't reckon he has many years left in him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Is Dugan still potentially on the cards? He is a bit injury prone but our S&C as of late have been outstanding in keeping our players fit.

I reckon Ivan needs to sit down with Teddy and say "we are going to make an offer to Dugan on X day. We still want you at the club, so this is the absolute last chance. Please let us know before X day or we will be making the offer"

Shredder

Juniors
with the goal kicking, I would prefer Gordon over Dugan.
But we are linked to a few junior fullbacks to - so that might work well - we need the depth anyway.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Is Dugan still potentially on the cards? He is a bit injury prone but our S&C as of late have been outstanding in keeping our players fit.

I reckon Ivan needs to sit down with Teddy and say "we are going to make an offer to Dugan on X day. We still want you at the club, so this is the absolute last chance. Please let us know before X day or we will be making the offer"
f**k Tedesco & his pissant manager.Uve got to draw a line somewhere re negotiations & they were given way to much time to recommit to us.Theyve treated our club with contempt.No damn way r we to grovel or pander to ingrate undignified scumbags again !

If teddy wants to backflip on the bondi rorters to remain with us then all will b forgiven but the onus is on him & he'd better do it soon coz we r spending our money wisely & on players who give a f**k & we will b offering him less money than per the contract that had its deadline passed last Friday & which the selfish gumps didn't have the courtesy to respond to !!

Tiger Ted

Bench

One other thing the word please or any synonymous niceties r not relevant to liasing or negotiating with undignified scum !!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good signing

Experienced forward who looks like he needs a change. Cleary has worked with him so wouldn't have signed him if he didn't have a good work ethic. Looking forward to him leading our pack next year and taking Felisse & Tatola under his wing.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Really happy to have Mautilino in the squad. I've always seen him as a "hitman" style prop, kind of like Taupau in the way he smashes through the middle and puts on some f**king bell ringers.

However, he will need a workhorse to partner with or we will be in big trouble. I know everyone has lost their shit at Woods but ignoring that for one second, Woods was a workhorse through and through. He carried our pack for so long and I fear that Mautilino doesn't have the same motor to do the same...particularly if he is alone out there

With that being said, I think we should really go after James Graham hard. I don't see how the Bulldogs can keep him with the money he is on + signing Woods and Foran. Bulldogs would probably even have to chip in for 2018.

I'm also hearing that we have signed Dylan Edwards from Penrith. Don't know if this is depth or to replace Tedesco but if this is true then f**k me dead we will have a warchest to play with.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Really happy to have Mautilino in the squad. I've always seen him as a "hitman" style prop, kind of like Taupau in the way he smashes through the middle and puts on some f**king bell ringers.

However, he will need a workhorse to partner with or we will be in big trouble. I know everyone has lost their shit at Woods but ignoring that for one second, Woods was a workhorse through and through. He carried our pack for so long and I fear that Mautilino doesn't have the same motor to do the same...particularly if he is alone out there

With that being said, I think we should really go after James Graham hard. I don't see how the Bulldogs can keep him with the money he is on + signing Woods and Foran. Bulldogs would probably even have to chip in for 2018.

I'm also hearing that we have signed Dylan Edwards from Penrith. Don't know if this is depth or to replace Tedesco but if this is true then f**k me dead we will have a warchest to play with.
Hope it's true about Dylan Edwards.Downside about getting graham is the $1m backended contract & whether the grubby dogs will cover enough of it to make it feasible for us.He is a fabulous prop but we realisticaly don't want to b paying him more than 2/3's of the $1m.

The fact is we r finally holding all the aces as there's an abundance of unsigned players beyond this yr for us to allocate our war chest towards.Hence we don't need to pay crazy overs !

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hope it's true about Dylan Edwards.Downside about getting graham is the $1m backended contract & whether the grubby dogs will cover enough of it to make it feasible for us.He is a fabulous prop but we realisticaly don't want to b paying him more than 2/3's of the $1m.

The fact is we r finally holding all the aces as there's an abundance of unsigned players beyond this yr for us to allocate our war chest towards.Hence we don't need to pay crazy overs !

Well thats the thing with Graham, you could sign him on a 2 year deal for like 700k a season with the dogs kicking in 300k for next year.

I haven't seen this Dylan Edwards guy play but by all accounts he is very good. I'm unsure whether it is a good idea throwing a rookie into the fullback role though.

I'm hoping we don't sign Reynolds tbh. The more I think about it the more i'm worried him and Brooks will not work together. Someone like Foran would be the best choice but he obviously wants to link up with Hasler

Tiger05

First Grade
That is good news on Matulino. So much for all the drama about us being a basket case and no one will come here.

If you offer the right money players will come.

I would love to get Foran here. I'm also worried about Reynolds.

super_coach

First Grade
Neither Woods or Teddy are back flipping,they are just waiting till the Dogs and the Chooks are able to get their books in order. The other thing it seems like Ava is off to the Sharks. So we now need another good front rower.

I would say no to Gordon, we need a no1 who will be around a few years and by all accounts the young guy from Penrith we have been linked with is a really good player. As for the no6, I would be happy with either TMM or Reynolds, TMM has a lot of class but Reynolds brings passion and a massive competive streak.

Anyway should be a very interesting couple of weeks and you just get the feeling Cleary is going to assemble a very good football team

Tiger05

First Grade
Exactly - he fills a hole.
We cant build a premiership side in one off season.

Yep. Those are the types of signings who can make us competitive in the short term. Then you get other talent later to replace these type of players. I see McQueen as a signing like this as well. It's an area where we are weak and he can fill that position for a while.

Tiger05

First Grade
Neither Woods or Teddy are back flipping,they are just waiting till the Dogs and the Chooks are able to get their books in order. The other thing it seems like Ava is off to the Sharks. So we now need another good front rower.

I would say no to Gordon, we need a no1 who will be around a few years and by all accounts the young guy from Penrith we have been linked with is a really good player. As for the no6, I would be happy with either TMM or Reynolds, TMM has a lot of class but Reynolds brings passion and a massive competive streak.

Anyway should be a very interesting couple of weeks and you just get the feeling Cleary is going to assemble a very good football team

This is actually interesting now. I'm stoked that we are the ones going out and signing up players.