What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you think should be coaching the eels next season????

Who do you think should be coaching the eels next season????

• Brian SMITH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dean PAY

• Chris ANDERSON

• Alan WILSON

• Peter STERLING

• Jason TAYLOR

• Phil GOULD

• Ivan MILAT

• John CARTWRIGHT

• Ian MILLWARD

• Other - please specify

• Total voters

fish eel

Immortal

Sterlo may be down your list of replacements.

Thats up to you, you are obviously happy with the mediocrity that Smith has achieved.

I expect more and I belive that Sterlo can deliver more.

Coaching experience isn't everything, need I mention Ricky Stewart.[/quote]

Again Twizzle.....Stuart wasnt thrown straight into the nrl. he coached lower grades at canterbury to the premiership.

Also, please tell me where I said I was hapy with smith?

Misty Bee

First Grade
I can't fully fathom the argument for Pay or Carty. They have not had coaching experience except as an assistant, which really means sweet FA. If they had success in the reggies, that's one thing. However, I'd like to point out one little fact:

IN it's long history, Parramatta have only employed 3 coaches with prior premiership winning experience. On each occasion we have had a dranatic improvement. Ken Kearney brought us from spoon hogs to semi finalists in the mid 60's. Norm Provan brought us from spoon winners to Wills Cup winners in the space of 1 lousy pre season. Then, he piloted the heroic deeds of September '75 - the rock upon which the cration of a superclub was built. And finally, Jack Gibson took us to 3 straight premierships.

It's a simple concept. Don't employ a bare faced assistant from another club. Employ the only 2 men with the credentials that we require: sucess at the highest level.

Chris Anderson and Ian Millward.

thedux

Juniors
Sterlo coached Kellyville the first year that the Metro cup was run. If I remember rightly, they were a Parra feeder-club but never really got off the ground. I'm not sure where they finished but it seemed that Sterlo was being groomed to get the FG gig at the eels before channel 9 stepped-in. At that stage he was only commentating the schoolboys on sat. morning.

parralight

Juniors
Peter STERLING.
He keeps it simple like ....

"The most important person to tackle is the person with the ball " etc etc...

he knows the value of structuring your play around a good set of halves. He will keep it simple. Football is a very simple game and thats why BS is hopeless at it. He makes it far to hard for boofhead footballers to execute hard plays.