What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you think will surprise us in 2012?

Big Pete

Referee
Say this is the line-up most fans expect to see through out 2012

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday (c)
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Hunt
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ben Te'o

18. Scott Anderson
19. Dave Hala
20. Dale Copley

Which players OUTSIDE of this group do you think will be in for a big season?

Every year there always appears to be that player who comes outside of what we expect and ends up having a relatively strong season by their own personal standards. Players such as Jack Reed, Matt Gillett & Dave Hala in recent seasons ended up seeing more first grade than most pundits expected. Who do you think will repeat this act this season?

Big Pete

Referee
One player I'd really like to see more of is Dunamis Lui.

I haven't heard a lot about him this pre-season but last year I thought he improved with every game and if he manages to fix up his defence he could be an extremely effective forward in the coming years.

Jimminy

Juniors
Peter Wallace for me. I remember him carving at Penrith a couple of games before he came. Under a shadow at the Broncos. NSW experience surely would've dented him.. went into his shell. Locky's gone now for real. He's got a great team around him. Time to step up..

Big Pete

Referee
Baptiste @ five eigth?

Why?

I'd really like to hear this, it seems so out of left field.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Gagai or possibly Capewell are my main ones. Lui, Dodds, Frei or Smith might get a crack but we have such good depth I don't think they will get a big enough chance to be a big surprise.

Fingerbang

Bench
I was thinking maybe Wallace would play 5/8, and Ben Hunt 1/2.....moreso than Wallace 7 and Norman 6.

I haven't seen enough of Baptiste to suggest he go to 5/8.....but how do you think McCullough would go at 5/8, if they wanna keep Wallace in the 7? That would open up hooker role for Baptiste.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Capewell is the unknown. If what everyone is assuming happens and Norman gets the gig at 6, but then fails, Capewell might be the answer.
All depends on who Hook puts in there, and how he goes.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I'd really like to see a lot more of Lui everytime he plays im really impressed with the work he does in the offence, but i agree with pete he needs to improve his defence to be more effective.

I was always nervous with Gagai on the wing never seemed to be really settled out there especially under the high ball. I haven't seen that much of him, but from what i've read he is a really good prospect so it would be good to see some more of him.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
If Pete's lineup is correct, is Gillett going to be used pretty much exclusively as a front rower this season?

With Hunt playing utility / hooker and Te'o playing second row (will be come on for Glenn or Thaiday??), McGuire and Gillett would have to be the front row pairing to replace Hannant and 70 Cents.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Teo and Gillet would change the prop duties most likely, or McGuire will just play 60 minutes or so like he was doing to the back end of last season

busterc

Juniors
Prop/second row its all a bit of a blur these days. I think there will be a 7 man forward rotation of Petero, Hannant, Teo, Thiaday, McGuire, Gillet, Glenn, with Parker playing 80minutes. The game will dictate if or who runs wider and who plays it tight in the middle. Where they pack into the scrum or number they wear wont make a difference. Petero and Hannant will play more traditional prop roles but the others can change according to the needs of the team. Thaiday, Glenn, McGuire all played 80 minute games at times last year as well so if the fitness is there any of them could step up if required.

diddi kong

Juniors
no gillett will not play front row, teo will play it before gillett, and thaiday will be pushed to prop as well like last year

hunters

Juniors
Capewell is the unknown. If what everyone is assuming happens and Norman gets the gig at 6, but then fails, Capewell might be the answer.
All depends on who Hook puts in there, and how he goes.
:shock: Wasn't good enough for a gig at wooden spoon winning Titans and same with a fairly ordinary Souths team. Don't think there are too many unknowns. Will be an impressive coaching job if he is turned around but there are a lot more talented players at the Broncos.

Latest posts