What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you think will win the 2013 AFL Premiership

Who do you think will win the 20113 AFL Premiership Post a Poll

• Hawthorn

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Sydney

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Geelong

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and another important tidbit was left out by both of you.....

Its not September yet.

it looks to be a 2 horse race for now but still a bit to go, form can change over the latter half of the season

we just need to get more games under these kids belts and get them hardened up for the finals, they are breaking down left right and centre atm, resting and soreness is causing us to rotate alot of players atm but thats been Sott's MO since the day he started at Geelong

comprehension not your strong point ?

BunniesMan

Immortal
He'll say Hawthorn even though Hawthorn are constantly found out in September. Their style crumbles when the intensity lifts in the finals.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who are the two horses btw Twizz?

Cats and Hawks, for evidence I refer you to the AFL ladder.

Tbh, I never even rated the Swans last year, I'd have them about 4 as Cats gave them a fair old touch up just before the final series but to their credit they played a good final series even if they were average for the rest of the 2012 season.

sportive cupid

Referee
Yeah they were average alright.

They should have beat the Cats by more than a goal in that SCG clash in round 13( their second win in a row against the Cats at that stage I think.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah they were average alright.

They should have beat the Cats by more than a goal in that SCG clash in round 13( their second win in a row against the Cats at that stage I think.

agreed

they were average in Sydney and got shit on in Melbourne by Geelong

CyberKev

Staff member
He'll say Hawthorn even though Hawthorn are constantly found out in September. Their style crumbles when the intensity lifts in the finals.

Like it crumbled when Hawthorn played Sydney with a fit side in the 2011 semi-final and smacked it?

Sorry, I forgot the AFL only began in September 2012.

Geez there are some dickheads among the Sydney (sorry, Bloods, my god how pretentious) theatre-goer set.

Last edited:

CyberKev

Staff member
I like the way Freo is developing.

On the face of it, they've had some real structural hits this season, but have worked through the adversity very well.

CyberKev

Staff member
Someone pass the bucket, please...

By merely turning up the SCG, three days after McGuire suggested he promote the King Kong musical and eight days after being branded an ape at the MCG by a 13-year-old Collingwood fan, the indigenous icon showed much strength.
"I don't think any of us can really sum up how difficult it was for him," Sydney coach John Longmire said post-match.
"We can think about it and try and put ourselves in his shoes, but the reality is you don't know.
"... The challenge is everyone thinks he's bulletproof, and he's not. That's the reality of it.
"... We focused on footy today. Adam wanted to focus on footy."

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/news/article/-/17431875/goodes-great-as-swans-down-bombers-in-afl/

20teamarl

Juniors
If the Mighties can't win it, then I hope it's Geelong. I'd spew up if the Sydney Salary-Cap-Concessions effectively cheat their way to another win. Bloods culture? Give me a break.