What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you want to be next to re-sign?

Who do you want to be re-signed next?

• John Folau

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • David Gower

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Luke Kelly

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • FuiFui Moimoi

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Joseph Paulo

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Vai Toutai

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Ken Sio

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Ben Smith

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Joely01

Bench
Pretty simple, who do you want to be the next to re-sign with the club?

edit* I made it 2 votes, couldn't split Sio and Gower

Last edited:
I don't think there are any that are not presently contracted for 2015. Oh, I'd like to hang on to Gower, but that will mean shifting someone presently under contract I suspect.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
depending on how much cap space there is for upgrading other players and who else we can bring in........

none of the above?

eel01s

Bench
Well out of that list Ken Sio is the only guaranteed starter every week, so he would be one. Will that continue next year and beyond, who knows?

I don't mind Gower, I reckon he is a good year to year signing - that way he always has to prove his worth.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Are there not other options???

I am all for letting journeymen walk and replacing them with a minimum junior and a genuine first grader.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can't find anything on Toutai re-signing for next year

Can you find anything on him re-signing for this year?

It wasn't announced, but it happened last year (because he was off contract) and when was the last time you heard of a young player (who was playing first grade) re-signing for only one year?

Joely01

Bench
Well out of that list Ken Sio is the only guaranteed starter every week, so he would be one. Will that continue next year and beyond, who knows?

I don't mind Gower, I reckon he is a good year to year signing - that way he always has to prove his worth.

I am a massive fan of Sio's. Have watched him come up through the grades, and i honestly think he has a massive future.

The Backline we have currently:
Hayne
Sio
Hoppa
Tonga
Semi

Is the backline i'd like to see us keep for a couple of years. Then once Tonga retires, I'd imagine Folau would already be getting groomed to become the centre for him.

Joely01

Bench
Can you find anything on him re-signing for this year?

It wasn't announced, but it happened last year (because he was off contract) and when was the last time you heard of a young player (who was playing first grade) re-signing for only one year?

All i can find, is articles that have him listed as off contract this year

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am a massive fan of Sio's. Have watched him come up through the grades, and i honestly think he has a massive future.

The Backline we have currently:
Hayne
Sio
Hoppa
Tonga
Semi

Is the backline i'd like to see us keep for a couple of years. Then once Tonga retires, I'd imagine Folau would already be getting groomed to become the centre for him.

What about Davis?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Depends on price.

Would keep gower if he would take something around the minimum.

Sio goes alright and would keep him if he aren't going affect the cap to much.

Falou - would offer him a minimum contract or second tier contract

Paulo - not sure , if he aren't asking to much and we don't sign any other forwards then maybe

Kelly - let go if he aren't out number one option for the halves

Fui/smith can retire

Vai - not sure

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What about Davis?

Yep. More of a centre than Folau. John Folau is almost 110kg, his future is on the wing or at edge forward. Centre is too difficult a position in defence to play at that size, unless the player is an absolute freak of nature.

And Folau isn't.