What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who gets out of each pool and in which order?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
For me it's:

Pool A:
Australia
England
Lebanon

France missing out by being upset by a talented Lebanon side - I would love England to light up the World Cup with a win over Australia first up but I think Australia will get through the pool undefeated.

Pool B (Pool of Death):
New Zealand
Samoa
Tonga

Scotland miss out but I can see NZ, Samoa and Tonga each losing a match to each other (paper,scissors,rock style).

Pool C:
PNG

Wales & Ireland to miss out. PNG too strong at home.This should be an entertaining pool though. I'll bet the Welsh and Irish players have never had and never will have again a RL experience like this.

Pool D:
Fiji

Italy missing out but going agonisingly close. USA to be very much outclassed in this group.

This would give us the following quarter finals:
Australia v Tonga
Samoa v Fiji (Wow)
NZ v Lebanon
England v PNG

jim_57

Staff member
I could envision (at a stretch) everyone but USA making the quarters.

Australia
England
France

NZ
Tonga
Samoa

PNG

Italy

roughyedspud

Coach
Pool A
England
Australia
Lebanon

Pool B
Tonga
Samoa
Scotland lol

Pool C
PNG

Pool D
Italy

Joking aside,pool B,it really wouldn't shock me if NZ struggle to make it out of the group! The stars are aligning,Scotland & Samoa will absolutely believe they can ambush the kiwis again and tuamalolo's Tonga..well..lol anything could happened..

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Pool A
England
Australia
Lebanon

Pool B
Tonga
Samoa
Scotland lol

Pool C
PNG

Pool D
Italy

Joking aside,pool B,it really wouldn't shock me if NZ struggle to make it out of the group! The stars are aligning,Scotland & Samoa will absolutely believe they can ambush the kiwis again and tuamalolo's Tonga..well..lol anything could happened..

If the Kiwis don't aim up attitude wise, they could really be in for a tough time. The sad thing is, although that would be great for the game in Tonga and Samoa, it is probably not great for the tournament as a whole, a highly competitive NZ is crucial for the tournament as it needs to have multiple contenders. England could offset this with a big first up win. Fingers crossed.

paulmac

Juniors
Pool A
Australia
England
France
Lebanon

Pool B
Tonga
NZ
Samoa
Scotland

Pool C
PNG
Wales
Ireland

Pool D
Fiji
Italy
USA

Australia to beat Samoa
NZ to beat France
England to beat PNG
Tonga to beat Fiji

England to beat Tonga
Australia to beat NZ

England to beat Australia

Rory

Juniors
Pool A
Australia
England
Lebanon
France

Pool B
NZ
Tonga
Scotland
Samoa

Pool C
Ireland
PNG
Wales

Pool D
Fiji
Italy
USA

Aus beats Scots
Tonga beats Fiji
NZ beats lebanese
Eng beats Ire

Aus beats Tonga
Eng beats NZ

England wins first ever world cup :)

Pommy

Coach
That's probably why too. Attitude.

Australia are vulnerable and the Kiwis will be lucky to get out of their group. It is England's to win. They need composure in the back end of games vs Australia, their continued Achilles heel.

I do think belief is an issue but I don't think its enough to make up the difference in talent between the two squads.
Hopefully we can get to the final and if Australia has an off day who knows what could happen.

I do think belief is an issue but I don't think its enough to make up the difference in talent between the two squads.
Hopefully we can get to the final and if Australia has an off day who knows what could happen.
They need to harness Castleford's fluidity and they can trouble Australia.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Tonga is an absolute danger team. Games are won by forwards and Taumololo is hands down the best forward in the game. I would love to see tonga go far in this World Cup and I think they might.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Suncorp Stadium in a major final... Australia's weakness ;)

Latest posts