What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who have we resighned and who is off contract??

As per Press Releases,

Ben Smith,
Fuifui Moimoi
Jarryd Hayne and
Chad Robinson
all recently signed for 2 years.

Off contract Players

L. Burt
W. McKinnon
J. Morris
D. Widders
J. Cordoba
B. Green
W. Huraki
F. Mateo
B. Oake
J. Smith
J. Williams
A. Peek
H. Perenara
M. Perenara
A. Cannings
J. Afamasaga

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope its before the end of the season, the way he is playing

varion

Juniors
If Morris is willing to sign fro 150k per season he would be good depth. But I see that he would want more than that so I wouldnt resign him. The team wont win the comp with Morris in the side but he still a solid player at the right price.

Mckinnon is the only one I would resign from the established 1st graders, the juniors someone else would be better off commenting but I dont see anything special there (besides Green being wrapped).

MrT

Juniors
Put John Morris behind a big mobile pack and you would win a comp. He's a very good hooker. He's no Buderus but Newcastle don't win comp every year either. We've lacked a big pack who can intinidate teams.

dazeely

First Grade
2 x mongrel type forwards (props) - metre eaters. Go forward straight and hard. Nothing fancy.

oneguy

Juniors
varion said:
The team wont win the comp with Morris in the side but he still a solid player at the right price.

Morris is not the reason why we haven't won a premiership. We can win the comp with Johnny Morris. We just need a good go-forward pack, and a gun halfback.

Bazal

Post Whore
jason taylor said:
the start of the forward pack is Hindmarsh and FuiFui we need to build around them to get a winning pack

Agreed. I believe Roy Asotasi and Carl Webb are still off contract, would love to have one or both at Parra. Steve Simpson as well, he has an option in his favour I believe should he want to follow Hagan. Which is another signing I would love to see.