What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who have we resighned and who is off contract??

jayman

Juniors
webb resigned earlier this yr...

go hard at omeley i rekon.. even steve simpson would be good..

but u still need some mongrel front rowers

Bazal

Post Whore
jayman said:
webb resigned earlier this yr...

go hard at omeley i rekon.. even steve simpson would be good..

but u still need some mongrel front rowers

In that case I'd go hard for Asotasi and O'Meley, either will do. And maybe someone like a Nate Myles or Justin Poore, an upcoming, young, hard running prop to complement the likes of Cordoba in the future...

Suitman

Post Whore
varion said:
The team wont win the comp with Morris in the side

Someone once said the same thing about us regarding Bob O'Reilly and Kevin Stephens. We won the comp.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
is Fielden off contract?

Don't think so but I'm not sure. I'd rather an NRL forward anyway to be honest. Fielden is good over there, but we saw how good Thorman was over here, and I'd hate to take that risk when we could get an O'Meley or Asotasi for a similar salary...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bazal said:
Don't think so but I'm not sure. I'd rather an NRL forward anyway to be honest. Fielden is good over there, but we saw how good Thorman was over here, and I'd hate to take that risk when we could get an O'Meley or Asotasi for a similar salary...

Fielden dominates at international level too..

He's the best prop in the world and should he come to the NRL and dominate like he does over there then I won't hesitate in labelling him the best of all time. I've never seen such a complete prop in my time as a Footy fan, he can do it all. Asotasi isn't fit to lace his boots. But Fielden isn't off contract anyway, not until the end of 2007 and I'd expect the Roosters to sign him to a big money deal then.

Asotasi is a bit overrated IMO, I'd prefer O'Meley but that won't happen. Justin Poore would be great too but the Dragons won't let him go without a good fight either.

bartman

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
is Fielden off contract?
Had an extremely poor game against St Helens this weekend imo. Was dominated up front by Jason Cayless and a 35 year old Paul Anderson, along with a good young kid James Graham and an average guy Nick Fozzard who both came on in the front row.

Fielden is more than capable, and can lift to have some cracker games, but so can the guys we have now to be honest. And I think he's re-signed at Bradford for the near future.

colmac75

Juniors
I think O'Meley resigned with the Dogs. Id like to see Simpson and Poore come over. Pritchard Im not so sure. Although he is a name been thrown around atm.

greena

Juniors
Why? None of the three you named are of first grade standard.

Parra have plenty of good PL forwards but few that are capable of the big step up to first grade. The only good young forward last year was Backho but he left.

You can get rid of Oake, Perenara, Lewis, Hauraki, Afamasaga & Mateo - none are capable of holding down a permanent spot in first grade. Morrison is leaving, and he's a loss and hopefully, Stringer, Peek & Cannings are gone.

Keep Cordoba as a PL player who can fill in occassionally. There is noone in JF that shows potential, hopefully some of the Ball forwards will make amrk in the second half of the season.

Lots of cash to sign 2-3 first grade standard forwards and a couple of young ones to develop

Next priority is a half back. Tim Smith has been one of the poorer perfoprmers all year and deserved to be dropped sooner than he was. If he dosn't start well under Hagan next year there is no alternative at the club.