What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting the best NZ Juniors?

otag

Juniors
the bulldogs have a deal with the wellington academy, i think.
hence, hosting 1 bulldogs home game a year in that area.

Sharkie™

Juniors
the sharks have a massive amount of kiwis comming through the ranks and i look forward to see how that plays out.

Edwahu

Bench
ali said:
I saw Cronulla's Flegg side demolish Canberra in a trial the other day. I believe Canberra's team won the corresponding under 17 comp 3 years a go. It was brilliant. It reminded me of watching the Warriors in 02 and 03. The flair was great. A couple of backs had steps like Benji and Hunt, and our forwards were huge. The best news for NZ fans, in that both our halves looked like decent prospects. 17 year old 5/8 Bracken Henry, then stepped up to play in the Premier League trial last weekend.

Hopefully we'll unearth a couple of quality first graders in that lot.

I wouldnt get to excited, Canberra basically skip Flegg for their better players and put them straight in reggies. The star players from that corresponing comp are all well ahead of Flegg now, Soward and Carney been the two obvious ones. The star players from Ball last year, which we also won, are in the premier league squad or were playing the Warriors in the first grade trial. Raiders flegg is like our U20's B team.

mattyj

Juniors
The best ones IMO are the ones who go over a bit earlier and are able to get involved in the schoolboys comp like Marshall, Harrison and a couple of good kids that are coming through for Melborne.

For me its not so much who is getting the best selection its what the coaching staff can do with them.

No doubt the Warriors have had the pick of the bunch almost every year, but, they have also let a lot go becaue they have not developed them correctly then thrown them into top grade as a result the Kids lose all their confidence then not long after are shown the door....Joe Gulavao for example.

winnyason

Juniors
I wouldnt get to excited, Canberra basically skip Flegg for their better players and put them straight in reggies. The star players from that corresponing comp are all well ahead of Flegg now, Soward and Carney been the two obvious ones. The star players from Ball last year, which we also won, are in the premier league squad or were playing the Warriors in the first grade trial. Raiders flegg is like our U20's B team
tell me butterbean how r canberra at present, really good 1st grade prospects, a late 90's lock who is strapped in 90 metres of tape(smith), a dirty 70's hooker always suspended, a sh*t pack, a luke dorn (carney), phil the stik man (what a player) get real you canberra fans are in a f**king dream world, you ae f**king crap and we will flogg you in round 1.

bring back drewy, or wade mogg(prospect) if i were you get rid of elliot.

Edwahu

Bench
winnyason said:
we will flogg you in round 1.

mate, if I was you id stick to flogging yourself. Youd be good at it and would have plenty of experience based on that effort.

ali

Bench
Edwahu said:
I wouldnt get to excited, Canberra basically skip Flegg for their better players and put them straight in reggies. The star players from that corresponing comp are all well ahead of Flegg now, Soward and Carney been the two obvious ones. The star players from Ball last year, which we also won, are in the premier league squad or were playing the Warriors in the first grade trial. Raiders flegg is like our U20's B team.

Fair enough, Flegg is a joke comp. I know it's not full strength under 20's. We had 5 maybe 6 players not playing because they were in higher grades. But it was like watching men against boys the way the Riaders were destroyed.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It depends on how much depth teams have

Tim Smith spent a fair bit of time in Flegg for example
but in 2004 when Parra were down and had lots of injuries Jack Afamasaga went from Flegg to 1st grade in 1 season

sooperdooper

First Grade
simon says said:
I think its a bit of a copout to say that the Warriors dont get the best of their juniors,they still have most of the NZ team in their side,and they have a few blokes that have just stepped up that loke pretty good(llike Vatuvai).

Of the non Wwarriors,you would have to say that the Tigers have a very nice chunk of Kiwi......current test players,Marshall,Harrison,Lolesi,Fatts,Halatau.

Nice work Tiger recruiters.

considering you bought fatts and lolesi..
you did not develop them.
though i give it to you about harrison and halatou

Latest posts