What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is good at organising

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I have a great idea for something that will show just how many fans this team has:

We organise a "Blue and Gold" day. We could sell ribbons and encourage all supporters to wear their jerseys and other things to work. The money raised from the ribbons could go to one of the Eels many linked charities. It will also show that we support the club and the players in the blue and gold.

Stagger eel

Staff member
A fantastic idea!!

Last nights footy show story on Nerida the Roosters fans was very moving and I strongly believe we should pull together as fans and do something.

For a start we should throw some ideas together and post them on this thread and then have a 1 or 2 of us propose it to our club for their endorsement, which really shouldn't be a problem and also get some players involved!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We need to get a date for this and still do it within the next month or two. It will be difficult but I'm sure if we all put an effort in it could be done.

Stagger eel

Staff member
sure!! but it would be nicer if we had healthier response other than you and I :roll:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
So I call out to all real Parramatta supporters to add to this thread if you have any ideas or if you would participate in an idea like this.

Mr_E

Juniors
Sounds great.

But what really needs to be done is something (not sure what yet) aimed specifically at the players, to show them that we are still supporting them, to give them the confidence to play like we know they can.

At the moment it just seems as though the problem is not just the coach and the players, but passion. If we can show the players how passionate we are about the team then they may play with more passion aswell.

What do you think?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mr_E said:
Sounds great.

But what really needs to be done is something (not sure what yet) aimed specifically at the players, to show them that we are still supporting them, to give them the confidence to play like we know they can.

At the moment it just seems as though the problem is not just the coach and the players, but passion. If we can show the players how passionate we are about the team then they may play with more passion aswell.

What do you think?

Mate! we're talking about some charity work!! I think we've shown that we're passionate enough at the footy and on the website.

Mr_E

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mr_E said:
Sounds great.

What do you think?

Mate! we're talking about some charity work!! I think we've shown that we're passionate enough at the footy and on the website.
True, the fans here are passionate. But it's the players that need to know that, what with all the booing from some "fans", they need to know the true supporters are still here.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
how about that "rally" that was supposedly planned goes ahead... but instead of it being a negative one, it becomes a rally to show support for Parra?

strider

Post Whore
"leak" that there will be a rally to the media - let em all show up - then get stuck into the PARRA chants

Stagger eel

Staff member
HOLD ON!!--- We're getting off the beaten track here the thread is supposed to be a way of bonding together to raise money for some charities that the eels are associated with, I think it was a fantastic idea by Dvd!! on the back of the story on the footy show.

eels_fan

First Grade
Sounds awesome to me guys...the type of story on the footy show the other night not only shows a great image for the club, but it lifts the image of the entire game, which it needs!! I think anything involving charities will get the nod from the leagues club and players will get involved, we just gota get the right ideas out. One other thing...has anyone noticed at the Parra games how that farce for an idea 'Parra Maniacs' is a waste of time. They just sit around for most of the time doin JACK! Even when the ground annoucer mentioned them they didnt even get up! Maybe we could tie something in like that though, maybe ...
Have a 'Finatic For A Day' theme, and instead of limiting it to people in a certain club or whatever, get the ENTIRE crowd involved. Contact the people who make those blue and gold wigs, and i reckon we could get a whole pile of em for pretty cheap. Push publicity during the week on the news etc saying the eels are raising money for Childrens hospital (or the like) by selling blue and gold wigs for say $4 at the gate, with $2 from every wig going to charity or whatever... that way when the eels run out all the supporters will be a sea of blue and gold wigs, showing our complete support, but also it will be great for a charity..