What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is that dude?

Yosh

Coach
hey guys, who was that dude that was in the knights room before the game started. He had like long shaggy black hair, and he didnt play last night. Anyone know who he was?:crazy:

Burwood

Bench
I forgot when it was on (may have been during Sunday Footy show or The Roast), but I also remember a locker room clip with Joey in a suit talking to Mullen in his game gear just before a match. However, Uate was standing behind the two also in his game gear like he was ready to play. And it definitely wasn't a trial match as Channel 9 wouldn't have had cameras there, so it must have been during round 2 or 5 when Johns has injured.

Looks like Smith has made a habit of getting some of the fringe players in there to get a taste of first grade??

Burwood

Bench
CWBush said:
Hasn't Uate been named on an extended bench already this year?

Not 100% sure, but I don't think he has been officially named in an extended squad- he was one of two or three players to be added midweek to cover injuries (from memory it was the Souths game when Polglase was an unexpected addition??).

Seemed weird to see Uate there because he would have played in Premier League just beforehand and the first grade lineup should have well and truly been finalised at that stage. Come to think of it, if it was the game at Bluetongue Stadium then Uate wouldn't have just played because there was no Premier League match on beforehand- just the Flegg.

Hmmm...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Come to think of it, if it was the game at Bluetongue Stadium then Uate wouldn't have just played because there was no Premier League match on beforehand- just the Flegg.

Did he not play the Premier League game down in Sydney?

Burwood

Bench
CWBush said:
Did he not play the Premier League game down in Sydney?

You can only play two matches each day at Bluetongue (something to do with the ground surface I'm guessing). So first grade and JF had those two games, while PL went to Campbelltown for their match against the Magpies. Since Uate played PL that week, he wouldn't have had time to get from Sydney to Gosford.

As nickdemonknight pointed out, the pre-game footage I saw would most likely have been from our round 2 match against the Dragons.

Big Tim

First Grade
Smith is making a point as naming a PL player as the 18th man for each game. They are never going to play, but they do the week build up in the top grade, and the pre-match warm up and talk. Then the boys run out to the field and they have a shower and put the civvies back on.

It is a great chance to give these guys the experience of the 1st grade build up. Hopefully they wont be over awed when they finally make that giant step.

Another one of Smith's great concepts.

Latest posts