What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best coach in the NRL for 2018?

Who is the best coach in the NRL in 2018?

• Total voters

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
My vote goes to Robinson. He took on board the lessons of last years failure, signed on Cronk and Tedesco, then the rest is history.

I had Bellamy down as coach of the year in my Dally M predictions, but now after the GF, I am more certain than ever that he is a myth in the same vein as Hasler. Carried by some of the greatest players of all time. Stuart could have his record with the likes of Smith, Slater and Cronk in the side (not to mention the cheating years).

RedVDragon

Juniors
I don’t get the love for Robinson from all parts. Like journos make him out to be some super coach.

He was handed a 8 million dollar team when the cap was 5.5 million and won a Comp.

He now has a 11 million dollar team and let’s see what he does.

He is handed royalty on a platter.

He is a good coach but I have my reservations if he was moved on from uncle Nicks endless friends who live to pour money into roosters.

Cleary for mine if not Seibold.
Uncle Nick is the coach, football manager and president. Money talks. You would think more premierships should have been won rather than 2 in this decade so far. To me that’s not a great record with the squad they bought.

In 2011 and 2012 the Roosters were poor. Then in 2013 along came Trent Robinson and the Roosters won the Grand Final. Trent Robinson, who lives in fabulous Bronte, has won two Grand Finals and several minor premierships in five years. He is a bona fide Supercoach.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
My vote goes to Robinson. He took on board the lessons of last years failure, signed on Cronk and Tedesco, then the rest is history.

I had Bellamy down as coach of the year in my Dally M predictions, but now after the GF, I am more certain than ever that he is a myth in the same vein as Hasler. Carried by some of the greatest players of all time. Stuart could have his record with the likes of Smith, Slater and Cronk in the side (not to mention the cheating years).

I love a good Melbourne rant as much as anyone...but I dunno about Bellamy as a myth.

From 2003-2018 he's never missed the finals in a year they competed for points. We can say he had the geese that laid the golden eggs with the big 3 but would Ricky Stuart have developed those three? They came to Storm as super talents but none were GI level yeah these guys are going to 100% make it quality.

I think the part where he is a myth is big games. 2 wins, 7 loss record with NSW, been in 6 NRL GFs and has two premierships to show for it. Bennett absolutely shits all over him in that respect.