What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the fastest man in the NRL

NZRL, not Toyota cup.

Is Hayne even that fastest at Parra? Over 100m would he beat Luke Burt?

A young Burt, maybe not.

These days he definitely would.

Hayne doesn't have the acceleration of some other players, but I reckon his top speed would be near the fastest.

Ulysseus

Bench
Fastest Now - Ben Barba, David Mead, Kevin Locke, Nathan Gardner. All as fast as buggery.

Fastest Ever - Larry Corowa, Ken Irvine, Martin Offiah, Mike Cleary.

This.
Irvine probably the all time title holder.
I remember people saying some c**k from 5ouffs was faster, joven clarke or something like that.
Unfortunately the topic refers to the "fastest football player" indicating you need to be able to play the game.
Irvine was a rep level player with two titles to his name and the all time try scoring record which very few have got near, he was also named in the team of the century on the wing and at number 10 in the list of the games greatest 100 players in 1999.
joven was some nuffie who got a go in one of the shittiest club sides of all time because he had some speed and they had no one to stand near the touchline, he played f**k all games and was shit.
Considering Irvine has been dead for about 21 years now and Clarke is off the radar, comparisons are hard, but if Irvine were around today and utilising modern training methods and supplements it may be a fair call to say he could reproduce his feats in the modern game.
Bring on genetic cloning from remains I say.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
youtube of Kev Naiqama - on 56 second mark he runs down Gordon in a fair match race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiEfvZ3W--k

Very quick, but I wouldn't use that as evidence of anything other than both players being very quick.

Kev closes the distance quickly due to Gordon being more occupied by other defenders and then when it comes down to one on one Kev uses the sideline very well to cut down the angle.

In a straight foot race without a ball to worry about I think it'd be a flip of the coin job between him.

Was more impressed by the others parts of his game from that clip.

billy2

Juniors
Very quick, but I wouldn't use that as evidence of anything other than both players being very quick.

Kev closes the distance quickly due to Gordon being more occupied by other defenders and then when it comes down to one on one Kev uses the sideline very well to cut down the angle.

In a straight foot race without a ball to worry about I think it'd be a flip of the coin job between him.

Was more impressed by the others parts of his game from that clip.
Kev has missed a lot of games with injury, but he has been scoring at very close to a try a game in NSW cup for the last two seasons and scored a try in his one game of firstgrade.
As a junior he had very poor hands, and his defence is a bit suss, but i think he could give it a red hot go next year, because he only has a one year contract and it's time to get serious for him.

Bench
Watch out for johny grant at the tigers next year.
Yes,he is probably faster than Mead or Gordon,he easily covered Hayne,Morris,Inglis,Barba and co on no preperation,he was a late call up after a late scratching in the gatorade bolt this year..

POPEYE

Coach
Greg Inglis would be my pick . . . only because of what happens when a player finally manages to catch him

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Your logic equates to a two lane expressway . . . in a battle of wit you will always be green

Your attempts at intellectualism and word play are farcicial 'old' man.

There is no battle of wit dickhead. It takes two to battle, I am one, you are nothing. Go back to fapping over Bellamy.

Latest posts