What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the favorite to win the 2007 AMNRL championship?

Tomahawk

Staff member
Since the season is officially over who is the favorite to win the 2007 AMNRL championship.

#1 - The Wildcats are the champions until someone beats them. So until then they have to be the favorites for the start of the 2007 season.

#2 - The Bulls are coming off a disappointing loss in the 2006 championship. They will be hungry to bring the championship back to Glen Mills. Their only regular season loss was to the Wildcats in the championship, and their other loss was to the Auckland police, in a 28 to 20 loss.

#3 - The Knights have been hungry for the past 5 years to bring the AMNRL championship back to the big apple. The team last year was the best team they had in the last couple of years, but injuries plagued them. Expect them to be strong again next year.

#4 - The Warriors might have been last year’s playoff team to be mostly over overlooked. Expect the Warriors to come into the 2007 season strong. They want to prove to everyone that they were the better of the two new teams in 2006. The Axeman got all the attention and the warriors were over looked.

#5 – The Axeman were the team as the season went on, they only got better. All their guys will only be better in the 2007 season. Their team chemistry will only be better in 2007 then it was in 2006. The Axeman have to be one of the favorites to win the southern conference.

#6 – The New Jersey Sharks proved they are a team that always needs to be feared. After a disappointing 2005 season, the Shark bite was felt again in 2006. Expect them if they are healthy to make a run at the 2007 championship.

#7 – The Raiders, Braves, Fight, Slayers, and MantaRays will all be trying to turn around the 2006 season. Even know the Slayers made the 2006 playoffs they had to forfeit the playoff match against the Wildcats.

roopy

Referee
Chicago Saints said:
And what is expected of the the Fairfax Eagles?
I don't think even the Eagles will know how they will go till about the tenth pre-season training session next season.

sheldy

Juniors
The brisbane broncos from the australian nrl will beat any of the st*pid american teams EASILY.

:p:p:p

sheldy said:
The brisbane broncos from the australian nrl will beat any of the st*pid american teams EASILY.

I'm going for the Broncos to win the NRL title now that it's down to four, but, yes, sadly this is a pretty good indication of how smart the average Bronco supporter is. EASILY the st*pidest comment ever seen on this board.

sheldy

Juniors
Umm, i turned my computer on. Who else would have turned it on? Im not as stupid as you, i dont hire people to do it for me like you do.

War Pig

Juniors
sheldy said:

Not for nothing, but if you don't realize. The AMNRL has part time players who don't get paid. They just love the game. The Broncos have full time, paid professionals. So before you make make yourself sound like a complete moron......oh, wait.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
sheldy said:

That's it guys, Sheldy has spoken.
Call the AMNRL and all the USA Teams and tell them to close up shop. We obviously are wasting our time and will never amount to anything.

Sheldy, thank you for telling us the truth about our efforts to move Rugby League forward in the USA. We were so misguided to think it would work.

We knew we should have called you before we started any of this nonsence.

Oh, hang on, you weren't born when we started this thing.
In fact now that I think about it, I think you are scared of the USA teams. I think you are worried that in enough time we may actually compete with you and your ponies.

Guys, call the AMNRL and the Teams back and tell them to carry on!

roopy

Referee
I have come across the attitude of sheldy before, and it is actually a compliment for the USA really.
It comes from a belief that if the USA take up the sport seriously the Australian dominance will end. I've seen many say they don't want the game played in the US for that reason.
I don't think i'll see the US beat Aus at league in my lifetime - but it would be a great thing for the sport if it happened.

Roopy;

The Tomahawks gave them a scare a few years back. Me and you both know the Ausie's were not playing at their top level, but they did scare them.

Latest posts