What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

Vee

First Grade
DCE, Hughes, Johnson, Ben Hunt off the top of my head. Shit, I'd even take Pearce to lead me to the promised land over Moses

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Probably Radley atm. He's ok but people try put him in the class of Yeo and Murray
Out of these 3 only Yeo had a good year last year. Radley missed too much with suspension and Murray missed alot with injury and when he did play he was well below his best.
Radley has the ball playing element to his game which neither of these too do. Although Souths fans will tell you Murray does when they saw him pass the ball once, but in fact he just dropped it backwards

Mojo

Bench
If ‘over-rated’ is defined by the status attached to a player v’s that players true capability (ie; can be a good player but incredibly over-hyped), the most overrated player ever, by a country mile in my opinion, was Cameron Smith. Commentators were constantly saying he was the best player in the world, never made mistakes, led the tackle count etc etc … whereas he was generally little better than average in general play, made plenty of errors and was always the third man in In defence.
A good footballer and good reader of the play for sure, but I called him Cameron Myth, because of the absurd sycophantic hoopla that always surrounded him.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Luke Brooks. How the f**k he still has a gig is either a testament to his silver tongue in negotiations or the sheer stupidity of the Tigers roster management.

If ‘over-rated’ is defined by the status attached to a player v’s that players true capability (ie; can be a good player but incredibly over-hyped), the most overrated player ever, by a country mile in my opinion, was Cameron Smith. Commentators were constantly saying he was the best player in the world, never made mistakes, led the tackle count etc etc … whereas he was generally little better than average in general play, made plenty of errors and was always the third man in In defence.
A good footballer and good reader of the play for sure, but I called him Cameron Myth, because of the absurd sycophantic hoopla that always surrounded him.
Cameron Smith could have played in a Tuxedo the amount of times he was tackled with the ball - I don't think he would have played as long as he did if he played like for an example Jake Friend.

Had the smarts to know when to hold them and when to fold them I suggest and pace himself in a game and during the season to play as long as he did

Last edited:
Luke Brooks. How the f**k he still has a gig is either a testament to his silver tongue in negotiations or the sheer stupidity of the Tigers roster management.
Would he be a better half and player in a better team ? -That's the question that will most likely never be answered.

Teflon Tim Sheens has a huge job with the Wests Tigers to bring the 3 factions ( Balmain/Western Suburbs and Macarthur Wests Tigers) under the one roof and on the same page otherwise it will more of the same

It's a crazy situation.

Based at Concord - Balmain territory.

90% of the JV owned by Western Suburbs Ashfield who relocated their Ron Massey Cup and NSW Cup sides to Lidcombe Oval as Lidcombe to Ashfield are where the die hard Wests fans are they say -They hope to play games at Pratton Park as well.

Macarthur Wests Tigers are basically ignored by the above two rival factions although that's where the majority of the juniors are.

No wonder it's chaos on and off the field

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Cameron Smith could have played in a Tuxedo the amount of times he was tackled with the ball - I don't think he would have played as long as he did if he played like for an example Jake Friend.

Had the smarts to know when to hold them and when to fold them I suggest and pace himself in a game and during the season to play as long as he did
Smarter than the average player, yes. ‘Greatest player of all time‘, as I heard him described on many occasions, definitely not in my humble opinion.