Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

Discussion in 'NRL' started by RaVS, Oct 26, 2014.

1. grandorient

grandorient Bench

What's your view on Rein, Vic.

GO

2. _snafu_

_snafu_ Referee

I certainly don't think Rein is up to SOO level like some commentators think. He can't play 80 minutes, throws badly directed passes and makes ineffective tackles allowing the opposition attack to get a roll on.

To be fair to Rein, he had his best season in 2015 and hopefully he improves further in 2016.

3. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

Even as a souths fan I'd agree with that.
    He is talked up as our most important and influential player and as a game winner for Souths, but that player is greg Inglis. Sam is a great forward, but to say he is far and away better then other middle forwards like james graham, jwh, bromwich, scott or before he left sbw is overrating him.

4. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Pretty much the reason I don't rate him. Far too inconsistent despite the media kissing his ass.

5. CC_Roosters

CC_Roosters First Grade

James roberts

6. beave

beave Coach

This.

Aussie Jim could be anything if he put his head into it. But it's a big head and needs a lot of motivation. He has been over rated for 3-4 years, is best month or 2 in this period was the backend of 2015. If he left us, we have a few lads that could very easily replace him (Hannant, Bolton) infact these 2 guys were hugley important to us in 15, Bolton is an unsung hero for NQ

7. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

Hopoate by journos, dogs fans and selectors

8. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Referee

Shaun Johnson

9. Dav0c

Dav0c Juniors

See all I ever hear is how inconsistent he is yet people still say it like it's a new opinion. I'm sure 90% of fans don't even watch warriors games unless it's against their team so they just go from what they've heard. Johnson was in great form last year up until his injury.

10. dogz08

dogz08 First Grade

:lol: many dogs fans i know don't rate him

11. TheDalek079

TheDalek079 Bench

Mannah. would be lucky to be on the bench at any other club

12. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

Pretty much this. The media/commentators/fans are always banging the "inconsistent" drum so really not sure how he can be over rated based on inconsistency when that's exactly how he's rated.

Saying he's inconsistent is not a revelation or new thought.

13. Bunnylife

Bunnylife Juniors

I couldn't disagree more...

I thought he was among the top improvers in the NRL this season and I have no reason to believe that he won't just stop there for 2016 and beyond.

14. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Good first grader, has a few limitations with passing and kicking but solid defensively, great running game and can play 80 minutes.

15. Matua

Matua Juniors

I watch every Warriors game, every week, and Johnson is overrated. He's too inconsistent to be the guy they're making him out to be.

Johnson was in average form most of last season aside from the ANZAC test where the forwards laid the best platform possible, and he was leaving most of the work to Chad Townsend (this may be the coach's fault TBF) in Warriors matches.

Maybe he'll become a dominant player, worthy of the raps given him, he certainly has the talent, but he isn't near there yet.

16. Dav0c

Dav0c Juniors

When he's firing he's one of the best players in the game. Unless you are willing to argue that then I don't see how he can be considered 'overrated' as he has always been labeled inconsistent. :?