What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the NRL's fastest player?

I think it's hilarious how most people are picking someone from their own team. :roll:

By the way my pick is Phil Graham. :lol:

Special K

Coach
I only picked Rieck because the stats said so. Rieck was the man for backs and Wing was for forwards(with Gallen in 2nd :lol: )

ngap

Juniors
Bring back the grand final day sprint. And make sure they carry a football to slow them down.

Booyah

Bench
It depends on distance I guess. Reick is the fastest man over 40m.

Over 100m, it's anyones guess. But If I had to choose, I'd say Stewart. I saw him do that against the Sharks a few rounds back. He's really got some toe.

aqua_duck

Coach
steaming stormer said:
A prop the quickest player at the club. Either you guys have some slow backs or this kid could be anything!!!
He runs 100 in about the mid 11s, he's 116kg but was a junior sprint champ.

I think over 100 Tahu would be right up there, he ran down Ryan Cross when Cross took an intercept, and I don't think I've ever seen him being chased down before in open space. Tahu has a muscular sprinter's build.

ngunity

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
over 40m reick is the fastest,
i dont know how he goes over 100 though.

sharks would have
Reick
meritt
Simmons
annnnd ummmmm vagan????

a year or two back Vagana was considered one of the fastest men in league. I can't recall ever seeing him run down, but then I can't recall seeing him run long distances anytime recently :cry:

Manly has some SPEEDY guys, Donald is FAST, he blitzed around the dogs in the early season double-header

Iafeta

Referee
Hulka said:
I only picked Rieck because the stats said so. Rieck was the man for backs and Wing was for forwards(with Gallen in 2nd :lol: )

Deadset, Craig Wing??? Tracked down with real ease by Wairangi Koopu last season round 25. I wouldn't call Wai a speed demon.

I would think Tahu would have to be up there.

Anonymous

Juniors
wouldn't call Wai a speed demon.

He is the fastest forward at the Warriors and one of the fastest in the NRL, his time is not much worse than Wings.

I thought Sonny-Bill had a time of 4.71 to Wing's 4.75?? Off the top of my head.

aqua_duck

Coach
ngunity said:
incredible_holc said:
over 40m reick is the fastest,
i dont know how he goes over 100 though.

sharks would have
Reick
meritt
Simmons
annnnd ummmmm vagan????

a year or two back Vagana was considered one of the fastest men in league. I can't recall ever seeing him run down, but then I can't recall seeing him run long distances anytime recently :cry:

Manly has some SPEEDY guys, Donald is FAST, he blitzed around the dogs in the early season double-header
Vagana is very fast over 30 0or 40 but tends to slow very badly over 100, I remember two occasions where he got run down when he shouldn't have, 1st time was at the world cup, can't remember what year, but he got run down about 5 metres from the line by Jamie Peacock the British 2nd rower, and 2nd time was when he was playing for the dogs, he took an intercept on the 10 metre line, ran about 70 metres but got caught by Lote Tuqiri who came from the other side of the field.

Biglance

Bench
in a relay for the saints i would have

first leg - Reece Simmonds
second - Gasnier
thirds - Cooper
to bring us home - Tony Jensen

Booyah

Bench
aqua_duck said:
Booyah said:
Cross ain't exactly Maurice Greene though.
He was actually the fastest player at the roosters before Chris Walker joined the club.

Really?

I saw him take an intercept a couple of rounds ago and he couldn't make it. I put it down to either;

a) He's as crap as I suspect.

or

b) Injuries have taken their toll and he has lost much of his speed.

Phillips

Referee
Ryan Cross has speed, but he is not that fast, ive seen Brad Watts run him down as well as Wesser (twice)