What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the worst “marquee” player in the NRL and why is it Ben Hunt?

Ben Hunt reminds of that small, generally unremarkable kid who hangs around the cool kids in the playground (lets call them the Maroons). The cool kids only mildly tolerate him (because they're amused by his flattery), but because of that he thinks of himself as one of the cool kids and will tell anyone who cares to listen.

Most of the time though he's forced to hang out with those kids of an equal, unremarkable standing (i.e. the Dargons) and he squeals that he's not meant to be in this position, he's one of the cool kids. Why can't he go and hang out with the cool kids all the time?

kurt faulk

Coach
Obviously Ben Hunt would be a great marquee player somewhere but he clearly wants to leave and move on and the Dragons stopped him, that obviously impacts motivation and the like and has lead to another shit year by the marquee halfback. If he had signed to the Dolphins like rumoured I reckon he'd be crushing it and they'd probably be top 4.

What's his excuse for the other 6 years?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I would take Hunt over any marque signing the Tigers have had from the last 10-15 years. Adam Blair is still atop the pile of shit mountain though
Needs a picture of that Predator meme, with the Warriors and Tigers shaking hands over being subjected to the shit fest that was Adam Blair's career post Melbourne.

A few all timers that belong in this thread
-Russell Packer to Newcastle - ended up in prison before he played a game
-Reni Maitua to Cronulla - 8 games played 0 wins then popped a drug test
-Adam Blair to Wests - the gold standard for shit signings

Latest posts