What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your fullback for next year?

BronxFan

Juniors
Beale for me, looked very good in his game last year at fullback very solid under the highball, played with a broken/fractured wrist. Pretty sure he played 5/8 in his younger days and possibly for the 20's. Only problem is he's coming back from a reconstruction.

Also would love to see kemp on the wing again, ahead of winterstein (who is rubbish under the cross field bomb).

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Beale for me, looked very good in his game last year at fullback very solid under the highball, played with a broken/fractured wrist. Pretty sure he played 5/8 in his younger days and possibly for the 20's. Only problem is he's coming back from a reconstruction.

Also would love to see kemp on the wing again, ahead of winterstein (who is rubbish under the cross field bomb).

I watched a trial game at the start of the year and Beale was playing fullback. He played a very Hunt style of game except Beale has much more speed and agility. He put in a few nice grubbers and attacking kicks.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I watched a trial game at the start of the year and Beale was playing fullback. He played a very Hunt style of game except Beale has much more speed and agility. He put in a few nice grubbers and attacking kicks.

Trial form is nothing. Beale is a better centre than fullback.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Trial form is nothing. Beale is a better centre than fullback.

OMG I said nothing about how he played in the trial makes him a good player.
I was saying he has a bit of a play making side to him with a decent grubber.
Some of you guys need to read posts properly and stop just jumping to a conclusion.
Beale is a better fullback than centre IMO.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
OMG I said nothing about how he played in the trial makes him a good player.
I was saying he has a bit of a play making side to him with a decent grubber.
Some of you guys need to read posts properly and stop just jumping to a conclusion.
Beale is a better fullback than centre IMO.

You've barely seen him play so how can you form a valid opinion? Did you see all of his Under 20's games? NO! Did you see him play both positions for Wynnum in the Qld Cup? NO! You've seen one trial, one NRL game where he injured himself and a few Under 20s games.

beads6

First Grade
I think Beale would be good also but Dean Kemp is the man IMO. Hoffman is a myth he is no good.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Hoffman is a myth he is no good.

Yeh he has really had a chance to prove himself in less than 10 FG games hasn't he. Good to see that you supposed supporters are supporting him too especially after the kid recently lost his mother.

beads6

First Grade
Yeh he has really had a chance to prove himself in less than 10 FG games hasn't he. Good to see that you supposed supporters are supporting him too especially after the kid recently lost his mother.

What has him losing his mother got to do with him being a good footballer???

I feel for the kid I hope he gets through the lose of his mother but why bring it up in an argument about who we want as fullback for 2010??????

From what I have seen of Hoffman I don't rate him, so what he might just prove me wrong.

slammingsam

Juniors
I think Kemp is best suited for the job.
I dont think he has the ball skills or kicking skills of Hunt though.

Which would result in playing a different style of footy which could be pretty bad..
The Lockyer out the back to Hunt thing worked very well for a good 3-4 seasons..

beads6

First Grade
I think Kemp is best suited for the job.
I dont think he has the ball skills or kicking skills of Hunt though.

Which would result in playing a different style of footy which could be pretty bad..
The Lockyer out the back to Hunt thing worked very well for a good 3-4 seasons..

a change would be a good thing and with Kemp or Beale the Broncos would have to change there game plans.. Broncos were to predictable with Hunt in the side. 2nd man play all day long which was great but Kemp will bring so much more to the team with his raw pace, agility and tackle breaking skills...

slammingsam

Juniors
I wouldnt say they were predictable - they used it for seasons on end and it worked very well everytime.

Kemp wont provide the stuff out the back..
He will provide up the middle though in support play.
Lockyer and co will have someone to kick for and hopefully Teo and Setu have a guy running off him.

slammingsam

Juniors
Im not sure as to what Lockyer is going to provide from fullback that he does not provide from 5/8.

His running days are long gone - he is there for his experience , kicking game and superb passing game.

bfoord

Juniors
Im not sure as to what Lockyer is going to provide from fullback that he does not provide from 5/8.

His running days are long gone - he is there for his experience , kicking game and superb passing game.

There is only one reason the he will be moved to fullback by Henjak. and thats because he wants to fit Tim Smith into the halves. and thats it.

Broncodr01d

Juniors

I think only perception stops some from seeing a free-running Darren Lockyer at fullback. The guy is routinely running a long side his team mates in support. No, he ain't as quick as he once was, though he ain't no slouch. It's only a matter of perception given we see a lot of images of a banged up Lockyer these days after games when he is defending on the front line.

As I've pointed out, guys like Luke Patten, Clinton Schifcofske and Brett Hodgson have had GREAT careers from fullback when they have hit the beig 30. Lockyer will be no different if this moves comes about.

As he said in a recent interview, moving from five-eight to fullback as opposed to fullback to five-eight is an easier transition. Especially when you're talking about the greatest fullback of his era.