What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who let ash go?

shiftysmith

Juniors
not that i really care but would be interested to know who let graham go to the cowboys.i dont think brian would have let him go considering his a favourite of his,so i wonder if fitzy consolted hagan on whether he had graham in his plans for 07,and if he said no let him go i am now a fan of hagans;-)

Utey

Coach
Hagan would have had too. I doubt he would have said go, we dont need you but probably said you arent in my plans.

dazeely

First Grade
what would the benefit have been to release him so early instead of keeping him till the end of the season? Note: I'm not upset he has gone as he has not lived up to expectations. Depth may be an issue with injuries etc...

parralight

Juniors
dazeely said:
what would the benefit have been to release him so early instead of keeping him till the end of the season? Note: I'm not upset he has gone as he has not lived up to expectations. Depth may be an issue with injuries etc...

You have a point there Dazeely.. but I suppose we just have to keep the faith and know that the club know what they are doing. Im sure that was lots going on that we the public arent privvy to.
I was suprised that Ash was only 21 as I thought he was much older.

Angry_eel

First Grade
all i have to say is thanx for the time here ash. i mean if he isn't in hagan's plans then so be it i don't have a problem.

thedux

Juniors
dazeely said:
Would have been a factor but I think we can cover him with the likes of Delaney, Inu, Burt (if need be) or even Reddy. They all offer more than Ash ever did.

Parraletic

Juniors
Thankgod that turnstile is gone! I dunno what all the fuss is about? My dead grandma could tackle better than him.

Ant

Juniors
I think in the end it was probably the right decision for the club and player. I always hoped Ash would get back to the form he showed before he broke his leg, but he just never quite did. He has been a good player at premier league for us, but been up and down when he has stepped up to top grade since that broken leg.
Ash is primarily a centre/fullback, and the eels have plenty of talent most of it young in those positions. The moment Ben Smith overtook him last year, the writing was on the wall. Add Delaney and with Inu looking very promising. Fullback Mckinnon and reddy.
So not suprising ash asked for a release and got one.