What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who likes foreign films?

Samwise

Bench
Wondering if anyone can get past the subtitles and actually enjoy a good foreign film? if so what are your favs?

my top 5 would be
*battle royale
*run lola run
*crouching tiger hidden dragon
*seven samurai
*game of death

Samwise said:
Wondering if anyone can get past the subtitles and actually enjoy a good foreign film? if so what are your favs?

Subtitles don't bother me at all - although sometimes I wish to God that I was born French (or Russian or Icelandic :shock: ) just so that I could enjoy the subtleties of the language which almost always escape translation.

Of the recent ones, I like "Triplets of Belleville".

Samwise said:
*battle royale

That is one disturbing film. Very "Lord of the Flies"-ish. Only much, much bloodier...

Godz Illa

Coach
Cinema Paradiso
Amelie
Ron Lola Run
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Erotic Ghost Story
The Weatherwoman

MrCharisma

Bench
I'm a huge Jet Li- Hong Kong fan... but my favourite two foreign movies are
* Get Ready To Be Bovsvoiced
* Forever Fever

MTK

Juniors
While I think that some reviewers over-rated it a bit, I did enjoy Swimming Pool.
Very mysterious and quirky.

There was also one a few years ago called "The Fat Sister" or something similar - it had different names in different countries. It was great stuff too.

Samwise

Bench
hahaha at godzilla. the weatherwoman is freaking hilarious. theres another one which i thought was quite funny called the tit and the moon. about some kid who was addicted to breast milk in his early teens. Completely agree with charisma, i love the hong kong martial arts movies, particularly bruce lee flicks and the once upon a time in china series. MTK, whats swimming pool like, i saw it the other day and was gonna have a look but had stuff to do so didnt get a chance.

MrCharisma

Bench
Hong Kong movies kick arse... they throw the plot out the window and just get into some good old fashion butt kicking.

Weather woman is a classic movie... i remember watching that. Has ne1 seen Lady Ninja's?

What about New Zealand? it is foreign? they made a whole bunch of movies (two, i recall) about guys killing one another, which im sure are good if i saw them.

Latest posts