What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who NZ should pick for semis

Coastbloke

Bench
This probaly won't happen and given the score against the Kangaroos, I don't rate Kearney and Benny to pick the right team, but this is who I would pick for the semis...

Oh, and any differing views are welcome, but as I say, the so called professionals appear not to have a clue....!!

NEW ZEALAND
1. Lance Hohaia
2. Krisnan Inu
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Simon Mannering
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai (Yes I am choosing these at 6 and 7)
7. Benji Marshall
8. Sam Rapira
9. Isaac Luke
10. Nathan Cayless (c)
11. Greg Eastwood
12. David Falago
13. Dene Halatau

14. Adam Blair
16. Jeremy Smith
17. David Kidwell
18. Sam Perett

I would love to have Sonny Fai in the centres and Shaun Kenny Dowall on the wing

Fire away....!!

Chook Norris

First Grade
NEW ZEALAND
1. Krisnan Inu
2. Sam Perret
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Simon Mannering
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Setamaita Sa
7. Benji Marshall
8. Sam Rapira
9. Isaac Luke
10. Nathan Cayless (c)
11. David Kidwell
12. David Falago
13. Dene Halatau

14. Adam Blair
16. Jeremy Smith
17. Greg Eastwood
18. Lance Hohaia

reshuffled some things

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
OMG – I don’t want to be that critical of your team.

But while your bagging Kearney/ Bennett about picking the right team – you make some pretty ugly selections.

Firstly no point picking the team now – how about we wait until Saturdays game to see how Harrison, Tuimavave and Nightengale who are all playing.

Picking North Sydney Bears David Kidwell LOL – you know the bears got kicked out years ago. Lol. I could name 10 or so backrowers/forwards more deserving than Kidwell – some unfortunately no playing for Island nations and other watching from home.

Why no 15?

For them Semi: My team

1. Nightengale / Perrett
2. Inu
3. Matai
4. Sa
5. Vatuvei
6. Benji
7. Leuluai
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Cayless
11. Fa’alogo
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Hohaia
15. Blair
16. Eastwood
17. Harrison/ Manu
18. Halatau

Don’t mind Hohaia at fullback – he has done well. But I can beat perritt aqnd nightengale on kick returns. Depending on next game – I would slighlty prefer nightengale seems to have better attacking instinct.

Hohaia can fill in anywhere of the bench. I like him at hooker also.

Sa doesn’t run enough for me at second-row – still needs to be in the team.

Thought manu was awesome not sure if he’ll be fit thought.

OUT:
Ropati – no a big fan – probably the weakest defense out of whole squad (though kidwell was appalling in all golds game).

Fien – not because he is an aussie but he kills any offensive flow the kiwis have just like in the warriors. Awful last tackle options tries to much and comes up with nothing.

NEVER coming IN:
Kidwell – how can any of yous guys pick him??

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Fien is not a Kiwi !
Hardout. For that he will never make my team.

And he is a sh*thouse halfback anyway. Cant believe everybody is urging for him to be selected in the no. 7 jersey.

As average as Leulauai is Fien will be a huge step backwards. Everyone reverts back to the warriors making the finals – Fien was still sh*thouse.

Now he is an even sh*thouse hooker because he does worry about his own role around the ruck.

If leulauai is completely sh*thouse I would rather move 6.Sa 7.Marshall 9. Hohaia 14. Luke

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Sa has been mud this WC he's carrying that injury. Leuluai should be playing for Samoa that guy is kaka doughnuts. Hohaias a better fullback or utility off the bench than halfback so our only choice is Fein who is a better 7 than he is 9. Matai shouldnt play in the semis how many tackles have we seen him slip off (take a look at the GF too) you just cant slip off that many against GB or AUS.
My team would be

1. Hohaia
2. Perett
3. Inu
4. Roptai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Fein
8. Blair
9. Luke
10. Cayless
11. Smith
12. Mannering
13. Eastwood

14. Rapira
15. Sa
16. Halatau
17. Fa'alogo

Lox

Juniors
Hardout. For that he will never make my team.

And he is a sh*thouse halfback anyway. Cant believe everybody is urging for him to be selected in the no. 7 jersey.

As average as Leulauai is Fien will be a huge step backwards. Everyone reverts back to the warriors making the finals – Fien was still sh*thouse.

Now he is an even sh*thouse hooker because he does worry about his own role around the ruck.

If leulauai is completely sh*thouse I would rather move 6.Sa 7.Marshall 9. Hohaia 14. Luke

hohaia at 9, seen him play their before for the warriors 05 season but luke is no1 at the moment sorry...

Changa

Juniors
1 Hohaia
2 Nightingale
3 Inu
4 Sa
5 Vatuvai
6 Roparti
7 Marshall
8 Blair
9 Luke
10 Cayless
11 Mannering
12 Manu
13 Smith (c)

14 Rapira
15 Eastwood
16 Faalogo
17 Leuluai

These centres can create something from nothing. Between Marshall, Luke and Hohaia Kiwis have enough attacking/kicking options. Marshall needs to play a bigger role.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
hohaia at 9, seen him play their before for the warriors 05 season but luke is no1 at the moment sorry...
That’s why I named Luke on the bench as bench hooker. Hohaia to start to help in the early exchanges with his kicking game.

Luke to come on and rip the aussie apart.

Either or both Rangi chase and Arana Taumata should have been included into this squad. I expect them to leapfrog Fien and probably Thomas by next year.

1.Inu
2.Perrett
3.Mannering
4.Ropati
5.Vatuvei
6.Marshall
7.Fien
8.Fa'alogo
9.Luke
10.Blair
11.Kidwell
12.Smith
13.Eastwood

14.Hohaia 15.Sika
16.Sa 17.Halatau

Think Fa'alogo would make a great prop, grafter big time, Cayless ain't an international prop (Jason is), dont know why you all dissing Kidwell, he always fires up, even when he plays the Warriors he goes nuts, imagine the anger in that 2nd row Smith and Kidwell awesome!

Latest posts