What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who set off the flare???

jed

First Grade
Is that a flare in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see the Raiders? ;-)

jed said:
flare1small.jpg

flare2small.jpg

Well it wasn't me :D

Proof is in the picture, bottom right hand corner of the top one in the green hat, so I can't be a suspect 8)

jed

First Grade
You cop the blame for everything else that you didn't do, why should this be any different?

Schif Happens did it!!! :lol:

Seriously though, 2 things stood out to me when I watched the tape. Firstly, with no mention made of the commotion on TV, all you could see behind Schif when he took the kick for goal was that not a single person was looking at him kicking, they were all looking back to see what was going on in the crowd. Secondly, those f*****g blue shirts and blue caps stand out (as r69 would say) like dogs balls. I appreciate that away from the game, people are more likely to wear a blue shirt than a green one, but fair go, we're the green machine. GREEN. Not blue, GREEN. How about a lime green member's shirt next year? Maybe not everyone will wear it, but for the number of us that do, it's going to look amazing.

woodgers

Bench
I was in Bay 55.. people around me were yelling out.."this aint the bloody soccer!!".
They are correct, it isn't soccer. If it were to be soccer then they would make more noise than a mouse. f**king hopeless are most Rugby League fans, I lost count of the amount of times we tried to get things going and there was no response. Without wanting to start another rift with Greeneyed or anyone else, the West side of the ground is nothing short of disgraceful, at least the East side joined in with one Raiders chant. We were pretty ordinary for the Raiders Army and it was a slow start for us but as a whole Raiders fans were fairly pathetic last night.

I have spent last night and today denying all sorts of allegations. Why would we let off a Red flare against a side who are Blue and RED? There was a lady in the back row who spoke to Security with Bay72, they confirmed it was a Knights fan.

Apperetnly ABC radio blamed it on us
Hey buddy, can you get the details of what was said including who made the comments? I will be calling ABC Grandstand next weekend and making them apologise to the Raiders Army online. Who are these suits to sit in the stands and make comments about topics they know nothing about? All it does is give us a bad name and the allegations are false. I bet these pricks have never even sat in an 'outer'. I am furious so make sure you are listening next week.

woodgers

Bench
I was in Bay 55.. people around me were yelling out.."this aint the bloody soccer!!".
They are correct, it isn't soccer. If it were to be soccer then they would make more noise than a mouse. f**king hopeless are most Rugby League fans, I lost count of the amount of times we tried to get things going and there was no response. Without wanting to start another rift with Greeneyed or anyone else, the West side of the ground is nothing short of disgraceful, at least the East side joined in with one Raiders chant. We were pretty ordinary for the Raiders Army and it was a slow start for us but as a whole Raiders fans were fairly pathetic last night.

I have spent last night and today denying all sorts of allegations. Why would we let off a Red flare against a side who are Blue and RED? There was a lady in the back row who spoke to Security with Bay72, they confirmed it was a Knights fan.

Apperetnly ABC radio blamed it on us
Hey buddy, can you get the details of what was said including who made the comments? I will be calling ABC Grandstand next weekend and making them apologise to the Raiders Army online. Who are these suits to sit in the stands and make comments about topics they know nothing about? All it does is give us a bad name and the allegations are false. I bet these 'experts' have never even sat in an 'outer'. I am furious so make sure you are listening next week.

greeneyed

First Grade
Woodgers.... you don't seem to have worked this out yet.

But at Canberra Stadium, the space is so open, you cannot hear one side of the ground's crowd on the other side.

I am not trying to be rude or anything, but on the western side of the ground, I could not hear a single thing the Army started on the eastern side.

I could hear quite a few chants that Victor started up on the western side, and it was pretty noisy, from my perspective. However, I'll repeat, I couldn't hear anything from the Army on our side.

Clearly the team appreciated the Army support and could certainly hear it as they went over at the end of the game.... but I am being honest. Couldn't hear a thing from our side.

I suspect the same is true from your side. Let's stop making these sorts of claims and just get on with it.

And don't get too angry with the ABC. They said there is a flare amongst a group of Raiders fans.. and you could interpret it badly (which I did) but on reflection, you could interpret it innocently.

jed

First Grade
legend said:
LMAO, the look on the face of Bay72 in the first pic is a classic.

That was one of the tamer ones - there's other ones where you can literally tell what word he's saying from just the one photo. :lol:

Sorry Legend, the cameras cut you out of the shot again - you're just destined not to receive any press with the Raiders Army this year. ;-)

woodgers

Bench
But at Canberra Stadium, the space is so open, you cannot hear one side of the ground's crowd on the other side
True, I agree. The layout of the Stadium is crap, you should hear us guys at the SFS, we are amazing. I am particularly angry that Souths are going to Telstra Stadium because The Burrow supporters group are awesome at that ground. They will be in the same boat as us next year, trying to make noise travel in an open environment.

The one thing that you haven't considered though Greeneyed is that myself and Bay72 had season tickets for 2 years in the bay next to the tunnel. We have had tickets in the East and West side and we are both absolutely certain where the better fans are. The Raiders Army would be more comfortable on the West side of the ground due to the Sun in the afternoon however myself and Bay know that we have nothing to work with over there. The Mal stand is full of corporates and people who don't want to get involved. The Eastern stand I assess as a stand full of hardcore fans that want to be part of atmosphere, pathetic as it sometimes is.

I spent quite a bit of time chatting to players last night after the game. You are right, we were crap but they still heard us and heard us well. There was also a few comments about the flare so they are looking in that direction often. I just wish you guys would come and join us for a game to see what it is like and the effort we put in. I understand that we probably can't be heard in the Mal stand sometimes but it isn't from a lack of trying. You are deadset right mate, the stadium doesn't lend itself to a noisey crowd.

greeneyed

First Grade
Woodgers. I know it isn't from a lack of trying. I can see you guys on your feet etc. I don't have to come over to see/imagine the effort you guys put in. Just can't hear you on the other side of the ground. I also disagree that the Mal Stand is full of corporates or people who don't want to get involved. There are corporate boxes there, sure, but the season ticketholders make a lot of noise. My throat this morning is testament to it.... :lol: And the eastern stand is rarely vaguely full.... at least the Mal Stand is full.

sydraider

First Grade
Bloody hell I was ripped off, I was next to hrundi, damn you fox, pan right, pan right :lol:

woodgers

Bench
I agree that the Mal Stand always seems fuller but that is because when someone asks for a random Legends membership or Grandstand ticket at the gate they are put up there. The club also puts the corporates up there as well as incidentals like the players families and lower grade players. The club purposely trys to fill that stand before the East Stand for some unknown reason. I guess you need to acknowledge Greeneyed that while the Mal Stand is often full, the East stand isn't and yet they still make more noise. The Mal Stand has the numbers to make the noise travel, it is very disappointing that this doesn't happen when you consider that the players can clearly hear just over 50 blokes in the Army bellowing tunes.

woodgers

Bench
:D It does look quite funny. Tip for next week, let's get everyone in tight. We are missing heaps of people from the photo and we look too scattered. Everyone in close and lets go hard against the Dragons Army

Sydraider and Legend, you 2 are still missing from that photo. Do you both purposely avoid cameras? :lol:

Latest posts