What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who set off the flare???

hrundi99

First Grade
Talking to Schif at the Screaming Jets brouhaha, he said he could hear the Army loud and clear and thought we did a good job.

He laughed at the "Who needs Joel Monaghan?" chant.

I don't think tyhere is a place for flares in Rugby League. THe media will only ever associate flares are something very negative, and the last thing we want is for us to be branded as "hooligans".

The last flare i saw at a raiders game was at North Power stadium. Someone in the SGB lit it, and then we were flanked by security for the remainder of the match. Not to mention one bald guy telling me he was going to break my flag pole in half over my head. Ah gosford :lol:

At least we got our melons on tv! Will look much better when the shirts are ready. Once people see the likes of Adamson and Schif in them they will take off!

Raider Ultra

Bench
Haha, one bloke at Kogarah last season said he was gunna stick my flag up my arse, needless to say, when I kept waving it he didn't follow through :p

Raider Ultra said:
Haha, one bloke at Kogarah last season said he was gunna stick my flag up my arse, needless to say, when I kept waving it he didn't follow through :p

the fellows that make such threats never follow through. baldy didn't even nearly attempt to break the pole over my head. even though i waved it after the incident. :lol:

BAY72

Juniors
Well... we definatly have different emotions no this topic....

Personaly I like them, it adds atmoshpere and creates attention, making people focus on the group, and creates a spectical for people to see.

having said that I don't need to see any more, who ever lit it definatly gave us some publicity, not nessecaraly good publicity, but for those who were at the game we certainly seemed to go harder after that.

I was up the back of the Bay, and although I did here it go off, I saw nothing/nobody around it. I did however kick it down off the Bay to keep it away from any of our things.
Like you I'll have to go off what the old lady told the security, as she believes she saw the whole thing.

For now it's out of our hands, and we'll just have to see what happens from here.
The way I see it, we had nothing to do with it, and so nothing to be concerned about.

[(Oh yeah) I do look like a git in that first Photo,]
SING HARD.

WE ARE THE....

Raider Ultra

Bench
I turned around as soon as I heard it lit and there was a Knights supporter standing next to it. Pretty obvious that none of us did it, although ts going to be nearly impossible to explain it. A saw a few people at uni today who thought it was brilliant, they wouldn't believe me when I said it wasn't us!

BAY72

Juniors
who would!?

hell, other than the first Pic with that stunned look on my face, we didn't realy run away, infact we actually sung louder.

to be honest I've seen flares before, were it was and especially after I kicked it down there was no danger.

I actualy think some of those shots look good.

Which is going to make it look even harder to explain.

we'll see.

BAY72

Juniors
I honestly don't believe it was thrown, rather lit and placed.
possibly by people walking behind, Which is what the lady's statment seemed to be.

Latest posts