What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be our halfback ?

Who should be our long term number 7

• Brett Finch

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Trent Barrett

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Matthew Head

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Trent Hodkinson

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Daniel Mortimer

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Michael Monaghan

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

stuke

Bench
these young talenst coming through need some stability around them. we have not had a stable halves combination for such a long time. for this reason Barrett would be brilliant, though i feel unrealistic. have him at the club for the next 3 - 4 years to guide these boys through to 1st grade. Finch will probably play this role for the club instead.

management will also need to make some big calls in the near future. they need to identify the player who they feel will step up and overtake the rest as they all won't stay around for long. we need to make sure we don't lose out on all of them coming through.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I'd wait and see what ultimately happens with Tim Smith before making a final decision on who I'd like to see...but I voted for Hodkinson. I think he's a great little player, a real match controlling halfback

In case you didn't hear or read the internet or paper , he has been released!:crazy:

jono

Juniors
Finch will win us the comp this year!
I believe the question was "long-term" and in this regard I would stick woth Daniel Mortimer.

Captain BF

Juniors
Reading the papers, which i know isn't a smart thing to do, it would seem that Finch wants to stay at Parra. I think as long as he isn't asking for some ridiculous amount, that we should try to keep him. He would buy some time for the likes of Hodgkinson and Mortimer to develop to the standard that is required for 1st grade. It may only be another season, or it may be two.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'd be stunned if other NRL clubs offer more then $180,000 to finch, he's not a world beater after all just a good compeitior much like Alan Tongue.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd be stunned if other NRL clubs offer more then $180,000 to finch, he's not a world beater after all just a good compeitior much like Alan Tongue.

the problem is that there only really 6 or so halfbacks that you'd feed in the comp..Finch is in a unique situation where where he can away with being half decent and still pocket 200K due to the minimal amount of quality halfbacks in the comp.

Avenger

Immortal
the problem is that there only really 6 or so halfbacks that you'd feed in the comp..Finch is in a unique situation where where he can away with being half decent and still pocket 200K due to the minimal amount of quality halfbacks in the comp.

Who did you vote for and why ?

strider

Post Whore
if we had the $$$s to lure Monaghan asap I'd have him no worries! .... I still wish we had somehow been patient and managed lured him from manly as the 2 parties split instead of jumping in after finch (but maybe thats just wishful thinking and we never could have had the $$$s)

eels_fan_01

Bench
Finch at halfback.

Next year play Mortimer at 5/8 next to Finch until he has had enough experience then shift him to play halfback.

These days at most clubs 5/8 and half arent that different.

Hellsy

Immortal
Its hard to pick from players that havent even been linked with Parra :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts