What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be our halfback ?

Who should be our long term number 7

• Brett Finch

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Trent Barrett

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Matthew Head

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Trent Hodkinson

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Daniel Mortimer

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Michael Monaghan

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

George 07

Juniors
What about Maloney? He has been killing it in NSW Cup and would definately handle the step up. Lets not wait years for the young blokes - we have someone now who is capable.

Bow_rider

Juniors
Finch at halfback.

Next year play Mortimer at 5/8 next to Finch until he has had enough experience then shift him to play halfback.

These days at most clubs 5/8 and half arent that different.
Next year Mortimer can still play NYC.He will definately need another year there.He needs to grow a bit and really work hard on his kicking game.I think potentially he has a bigger future than KK.(just my oppinion)

eel4life

Juniors
if Mateo is going to be our number 6 then we have a good combination.

Finch does run the ball, and by what he did on friday night against manly he led the kick chase and got us reved up through that.

he is a good solid player, he played origin and he has that dig in and mongrel attitude, some games he will look bad thats because the team is playing crap house, but i think with Mateo playing number 6 we have 2 guys that will run the ball and they can create things.

Younger players need time to settle in there is a massive difference between winning with the same players who are your age and then going in with the big boys.

Finch does have flaws, but he wants to win and he wants to stay i think he can get a 2 year contract and see how we go ... if he does make origin this year it will make him a better player for us and that will flow onto the team.

Latest posts