What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should England pick now?

nqboy

First Grade
Long's gone, Newton shoud be as well. McGuire to half with Pryce at 5/8? Leaves them without an organiser. Burrow or Horne to half?

My side: Wellens, Raynor, Yeaman, Senior, Carney, Pryce, McGuire, Fielden, Roby, Peacock, Morley, Ellis, O'Loughlin Res: Take your pick but Gilmour(sp?) must be there.

I would like to try McGuire at fullback trailing the forwards through as his support play is the best part of his game but I can't spare him because I don't rate either Horne or Burrow.

langpark

First Grade
I think they'll go with McGuire at #6 and Rob Burrow at #7, or maybe the combo you said. Either way its a weak combo, especially when compared to that of Lockyer/Thurston

ocko

juniors
burrow impressed me in last year's comp, they should go with him at half and McGuire at 5/8. Will be a lot of pressure on McGuire.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Personally scrap McGuire all together. Pryce had success against the Aussies, so partner him and Burrows in the halves.

My team:
1. Wellens
2. Carney
3. Senior
4. Yeaman
5. Raynor
6. Pryce
7. Burrows
8. Fielden
9. Newton
10. Peacock
11. Ellis
12. Hock
13. O Louglin

14. Morely
15. Roby
16. Gilmour
17. Wilkin

Sanchez

Coach
Wellens
Carney
Gleeson
Senior
Yeaman
McGuire
Burrows
Fielden
Newton/Roby-if Newton is out
Morely
Peacock
Gilmour
Pryce

Roby/Ellis
Carvell
Hock
O'Loughlin

The Bishophater

Juniors
The one player who could have troubled a full strength focused Aussie team is Lee Briers. Noble doesn't like Briers and sent him home despite him impressing in the warm up game. Noble now looks the moron he is.

HUDDERSFIELDUK

Juniors
my 17 would be

1 wellens
2 carney
3 Gleeson
4 yeaman
5 raynor
6 pryce
7 horne
8 morley
9 newton
10 peacock
11 hock
12 ellis
13 o loughlin

14 fielden
15 roby
16 gilmour
17 burrow

Bring burrow and roby on around 25 mins,anyteam would struggle to handle the speed around the ruck then.

screeny

Bench
Pryce and Horne in the halves. Good call.

Drop Newton. Start Roby and have Burrow on the bench.

1. Wellens
2. Carney
3. Gleeson
4. Yeaman
5. Raynor
6. Pryce
7. Horne
8. Peacock
9. Roby
10. Morley
11. Hock
12. Ellis
13. O'Loughlin

14. Fielden
15. Carvell
16. Burrow
17. Glmour

bartman

Immortal
Out of the squad they have available, I'd have Pryce at 6 for sure, especially without Long.

Maguire or Burrow or Horne at 7 - take your pick. I'd probably give Horne a go? And for mine three forwards for the remainder of the bench, play like they did last game against Australia and the pack giving Horne plenty of room and time like they gave for Long.

I'd leave Newtown in 9 and Roby on the bench, but give Roby a lot more time once Newton has soaked up some hard stuff for him, as Roby can really pick the pace up if the forwards get on a roll.

* Or what Screeny said, Roby starting with Burrow up your sleeve on the bench, covers half and dummy half.

griff

Bench
nqboy said:
Just when I thought I had this straight in my mind. Carney is from GB now?

The team is officially called just Great Britain, but it incorporates players from Ireland.

Roby1

Juniors
Forget fatty Mcquire 1 trick pony, Ja Ja in at six, he goes by the name of James Roby after 20, gotta play Yeaman, been one of our best, and beep beep, a run in the second half.

Horne's had a good season, lets hope if he gets a chance, can prove himself at this level.

Latest posts