What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we cut for Brisbane 2?

Who should we cut for Brisbane 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

27EELS

Juniors
Nope ! Cut No one ... Expansion is not Relocating and culling ... They don’t really want more teams they just want less Sydney teams and Man that is a joke ? I read that Australia has the fastest Population growth in the Developed World and Sydney has 6 Million People and Brisbane has 2.5 Million. In 20-30 years it will nearly be double that I think ?Rugby League is now a Recognised Sport and it’s growing rapidly and I believe it will be one of the fastest growing Sports globally over the next Decade. So we need to retain the famous Sydney Clubs and leave them alone they will survive , Why ? Because of population growth and Rugby league growth globally . Focus on the rest of Expanding like 2 to 3 more teams in Brisbane , one Now ,another one a few years and another by the end of the decade, include Perth Reds , Central Coast , Adelaide Rams , Central qld , Sunshine Coast/Wide Bay etc... Eventually U have a 24 Team competition , possibly split in to 2 Conferences with another 2nd tier National Competition , this is where U could have teams building themselves to maybe included in the top league whether they use Promotion/Relegation ? Just for an example These teams could be Newtown Jets, North Sydney , Toowoomba , Townsville , Mackay , Hunter Mariners , Perth 2, Melbourne 2 , PNG , Suva , NZ 2 and 3 , Burleigh , Brisbane 4 etc Ipswich and Redcliffe if they aren’t included as one of the new Brisbane teams .. This comp would allow international players from around the World to mature and maybe be spotted by the Big teams , in a Perfect World it would look something like that and the Club can build or rebuild but NEVER Die, if your team isn’t In the Top league they are still there in the National Championship with hopes of returning,I think fans maybe would prefer that than being relocated or rubbed out all together. U would also have State comps to feed the National Comp and to be included even ... in a playoff system ! A Competition that Big would keep The NRL as the Biggest and most Elite Rugby League Competition in the World . you have to remember The English SuperLeague is going to grow with the game growing in Europe.There is already a French team in there and maybe a second soon as well as a Canadian team so it won’t be long before Serbian champions are there and others so it will be huge. I apologise for waffling on lol I am just so passionate about Rugby League , My Team and ALL the other Teams, I really dislike Teams being culled or Merged, When I was a kid I cried when Newtown were cut and they aren’t even my team ? It really hurt me when they killed off all those clubs 20 Years ago and merged some. So imagine what it does to the fans of those Clubs ... and how happy they would be if U brought them back in some way, I know I would be and My Team is still there so there U go ;) I’m passionate about all the Teams even if I Love to Hate some of them lol

Latest posts