What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to leave out

ebbedfred

Bench
I wonder if Stanley has played himself into a bench spot?

The only way I can see it happening is to start Fien at hooker and Young at lock as you can't really have Fien and Stanley on the bench. If Creagh, Scott and Young are the starting back 3, who do you leave off the bench?

14. Prior
15. Merrin
16. Saffy
17. Smith
18. Stanley
????

(This leaves out Priddis, Green and Emmett but I don't think they'll get a go).

I think they'll either move Fien back to the bench and leave out Stanley, or start Fien and drop off either Saffy or Merrin.

A good headache to have, none of them will let us down.

We are in such a good position with guys we have available!! Priddiss played so good last night, Fein has to start the bloke is a genuis! Fein and Priddis rotation with Young to stay in second row/lock?

Godz Illa

Coach
Pro's and con's for all the scenarios without a doubt, but I expect Bennett to leave Style Stanley out. Young and Smith are too important to our ruck defence (as seen last night tbh), and in terms of bench hookers Fien just offers more than Stanley

Goddo

Bench
Our second row depth has been one of our great strengths over the last 2 years, and I think it would be very handy in the more brutal finals games, especially with Costigan playing in the front row. Stanley to miss out. Not to worry, the guy has a huge future and will get a lot of game time next year; Fein is getting on, Priddis will be gone next year, etc.

I'd go

9 Young
11 Scott
12 Creagh
13 Smith
---
14 Fein (shifting Young to Lock)
15 Saffy
16 Prior
17 Merrin

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
Our second row depth has been one of our great strengths over the last 2 years, and I think it would be very handy in the more brutal finals games, especially with Costigan playing in the front row. Stanley to miss out. Not to worry, the guy has a huge future and will get a lot of game time next year; Fein is getting on, Priddis will be gone next year, etc.

I'd go

9 Young
10 Creagh
11 Scott
13 Smith
---
14 Fein (shifting Young to Lock)
15 Saffy
16 Prior
17 Merrin

and so will Bennett if everyone is fit.

Goddo

Bench
It would be great if we had Dan Hunt available. We would be at absolute full strength. Its a pity.

TheRev

First Grade
We are in such a good position with guys we have available!!

Although it appears that we are rolling in depth right now, it just takes 1 injury or suspension and imagine walking into a sudden-death final without Soward or Merrin or Weyman or Boyd or ? etc.. etc..

Things can change quickly, so yep I think Stanley may get his chance still, it probably wont be unless we lose a back though, he will get it soon enough, I would be surprised if he is not our goal-kicker next year at some point too... though our back 7 is very strong.. unless he can force his way into the halves, i.e. Sowie+Stanley, with Hornby/Fein at Hooker.

Latest posts