What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to Re-sign? - priorities

Governator

Juniors
1. Ben Smith
2. Fuifui MoiMoi
3. Wade McKinnon
3.5 Widders
4. who ever we can get chea
5. cheaper
6 cheapest

Pazza

First Grade
widders is great off the bench but rumour has it he is following smith to Newcastle.

I Personally see Ben Smith in the number 12 next season. He strikes me as a real Beaver Menzies Type and that excites me!!! His fast and strong. Hits like a flying brick wall in defence and finds his way to the try line. The perfect foil IMO to Hindmarsh and Morrison. Then you got taia coming off the bench.

Redback71

First Grade
  1. Ben Smith
  2. Wade McKinnon
  3. Fuifui Moimoi
  4. Paul Stringer
  5. Chad Robinson
  6. Luke Burt
  7. Dean Widders (this guy has put alot of weight on)
  8. Brett Delaney
  9. John Morris
  10. Henry Perenara
  11. Adam Peek
  12. Aaron Cannings (Free up the cap)
  13. Jack Afamasaga
  14. Ashley "I shouldn't be playing football" Graham
red = deffinetly keep
blue = would love to keep but hey you cant keep them all

jayman

Juniors
kurt wont come if we sign lyon...

and i read somewhere that widders was in talks with parra...still got plenty of time before they start contract talks with alot of people..

if brett and ben are signed.. then wade and widders and lyon would be the priorites...

i rem last yr when widders was avg to start.. i havent seen him with any quality ball near the line so far...wait till we start firing.. widders will come good..

parra pete

Referee
Meanwhile, Newcastle has warned things are tight under the salary cap for next season as it prepares to open formal contract talks with in-form five-eighth Kurt Gidley.

The Knights want to keep Gidley but he is likely to be offered less to stay at Newcastle than he would command on the open market.

Parramatta, the club Knights coach Michael Hagan will join next season, could be among those to bid for his services if he remains off contract after June 30.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...0-2722,00.html

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
parra pete said:
Parramatta, the club Knights coach Michael Hagan will join next season, could be among those to bid for his services if he remains off contract after June 30.

Can't they just release Steve Simpson to us and give Kurt his money instead of sending Kurt our way? Johns makes Kidley look alot better than he really is.

thedux

Juniors
Ben Smith definitely but form needs to improve when he's back
Wade McKinnon will depend on futures of Hayne and Reddy
Fuifui Moimoi a must have
Paul Stringer nope; lazy in D and attack
Chad Robinson sort of player you need to tighten the ruck
Luke Burt nope
Dean Widders not sure, hasn't really played that well so far
Brett Delaney yes
John Morris not if Lyon is for real
Henry Perenara have enough reggie back-rowers
Adam Peek think he offers more than Stringer and Cayless
Aaron Cannings damaging in reggies but needs to take a paycut
Jack Afamasaga as above
Ashley Graham already gone

Hopefully management might also find a Super League club willing to take on-board Wagon; too much cap to be wasted on a PL player.

strider

Post Whore
Pazza said:
Frank Pritchard might be heading to the open market.

coolies - more frank pritchard rumours :lol: .... I remember when he was sign sealed and delivered to us last time :lol:

ParraAds

Juniors
Ben Smith - no...hes overrated
Wade McKinnon - no...good player...but Hayne and Reddy are better long term
Fuifui Moimoi - Yes
Paul Stringer - No..I'd rather bring back Corey Pearson than watch this fat goose again.
Chad Robinson - No
Luke Burt - No
Dean Widders - No
Brett Delaney - Yes...provides good depth in the centres
John Morris - No...Lyon or Gidley would be better
Henry Perenara - No
Adam Peek - No
Aaron Cannings - Yes...id have him, hes still got plenty to offer in top grade.
Jack Afamasaga - No
Ashley Graham - Gone

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
Is there an attacking half back in the offering?

Yes, please, let's quickly get rid of Tim Smith, he is the worst player ever, i mean he has a terrible record for a 21 year old, let's sign Finch quickly :roll:

parra pete

Referee
He's not the worst, not by a long shot, but he is NOT as GOOD as the wraps would have you believe.
He is in the bottom rung of half backs in the NRL....But, that is only MY OPINION...I am not infallible, and probably not a good judge. I have seen a lot come and go, some excite me some don't. I'm afraid Tim Smith is one who doesn't excite me.
He has a good kicking game, occasionally, his defence leaves a lot to be desired and he rarely makes a break. Not nippy enough in general play. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope he proves me wrong. But as I said it is just MY opinion....