What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to Re-sign? - priorities

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
He's not the worst, not by a long shot, but he is NOT as GOOD as the wraps would have you believe.
He is in the bottom rung of half backs in the NRL....But, that is only MY OPINION...I am not infallible, and probably not a good judge. I have seen a lot come and go, some excite me some don't. I'm afraid Tim Smith is one who doesn't excite me.
He has a good kicking game, occasionally, his defence leaves a lot to be desired and he rarely makes a break. Not nippy enough in general play. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope he proves me wrong. But as I said it is just MY opinion....

I just think sometimes you are a little hard on him, he took the team to the minor premiership last year, Rookie of the year, Most try assists and he did all that behind a forward pack that wasn't that great IMO. Hindy, Fui and Morrsion were great but i think the rest were solid at best.

This year we have been even worse and it is taking its toll on all our backs.......our forwards need to learn to run straight and hit harder in defence!!!!

Last week was Timmy's poorest game since he started, i also think that coincided with our forward packs worst game for 2 years......as you would know Pete, no halfback can operate without decent go forward.......if you watched the second half of the cows/knights game today you would have seen that not even Johns was effective with forwards who were not making metres.........do you expect a 21 year old to be better?

You are entitled to your opinion of course and i respect that, it is just my opinion that you are a little critical of him that's all.......is it that you may have been supporting the Eels for so long that you do not want to have your hopes pinned on someone who may get us that premiership we have been waiting on so long?

Cause if that is a reason i wouldn't blame you one little bit. Or you may just really not like him, which is fair enough, no offence though, i hope he wins you over cause if he doesn't then that means that we are in for more heartache :(

Utey

Coach
I want Reddy at fullback.

FUI must stay. Our pack are a bunch of pussy cats bar him and a small few.

parralight

Juniors
My opinion
The following players should not be off loaded forthwith -
Mc Kinnon
Widders
Cannings
Morris
Burt
Wagon

parralight

Juniors
Avenger said:
You serious?:?

Yep.
McKinnon to the warriors - great younger replacement in Reddy or dare I say it someone who I think will be a great fullback and is excellent under the high ball..... Hayne.
Widders to the Knights .. where he wants to go
Cannings to whereever.... cause hes on HEAPS of money and we need it
Burt to whereever .... cause there are better wingers in lower grades
Morris to the Knights .... cause there is no place for him at Parra next year
Wagon to Titans ... cause they need retired players there.

lucablight

First Grade
parralight said:
Yep.
McKinnon to the warriors - great younger replacement in Reddy or dare I say it someone who I think will be a great fullback and is excellent under the high ball..... Hayne.
Widders to the Knights .. where he wants to go
Cannings to whereever.... cause hes on HEAPS of money and we need it
Burt to whereever .... cause there are better wingers in lower grades
Morris to the Knights .... cause there is no place for him at Parra next year

Just out of curiosity how old are you?

Avenger

Immortal
Parralight

Your post says that they should stay not go. YY Cheng is right, you have contradicted yourself.

eg

The following players should not be off loaded forthwith

So should they be or not be offloaded ? I'll make it easier, should they stay or go?

parralight

Juniors
Avenger said:
Parralight

Your post says that they should stay not go. YY Cheng is right, you have contradicted yourself.

eg

The following players should not be off loaded forthwith

So should they be or not be offloaded ? I'll make it easier, should they stay or go?

Guys ....
Its warming to the heart to know that my posts are so expertly taken apart. Its a lot better than being totally ignored, so I do thank you. :D
I can only offer as an excuse, a rogue bottle of wine and the lateness of the hour.
For those who await my answer, I hereby state that I think that those gentlemen should be shown the door, collect their cheque, exit stage left ....

and lucablight... I still think it was a pick up line :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
parralight said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone other than maybe a desperate English club is willing to buy the last year of Wagon's contract, or else he'll be running around with us next year.

parralight

Juniors
Avenger said:
Sorry dude. I got the impression you were due to the attempted pick up line. :D

yeah ... you REALLY gotta watch what you say on this forum...

:lol: :lol: All I can tell you is that I would make one butt ugly chick :lol: :lol:

Latest posts