What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to watch in the Inaugural Super 14 Comp

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
Brumbies will win it this year, lead by the world's best player George Gregan and future Australian coach Laurie Fisher.

They were thrashed in both trials, surely an omen that this will again be their year.

I don't know which is funnier? The fact that you think that Fisher is an Australian coach or that Gregan is the best player in the world! FFS Gregan is the best player for the other team:lol:

skeepe

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
I don't know which is funnier? The fact that you think that Fisher is an Australian coach or that Gregan is the best player in the world! FFS Gregan is the best player for the other team:lol:

Actually your comments on Fisher are incorrect as he was the coach of the Australian U21 side before taking on the Brumbies job, and has been earmarked as a future senior Wallabies coach by those in the know.

As for your comments on Gregan, your anti-Gregan bias clouds your judgement my son.

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
Actually your comments on Fisher are incorrect as he was the coach of the Australian U21 side before taking on the Brumbies job, and has been earmarked as a future senior Wallabies coach by those in the know.

As for your comments on Gregan, your anti-Gregan bias clouds your judgement my son.

Let me list some players that I rate better than Gregan: O'Driscoll, Carter, Umuga, Kelleher (a hell of a lot better at no9), Smith, Waugh, Larkham. And that is just a few off the top of my head! When was the last time Gregan won an important match for Australia? All these players win matches singlehandly!

An U21 Job does not count for Fisher becuase he has a hell of a lot of work to go to get the top job!

go_the_doggies

Juniors
Isoa Toeava(spelling) is one to look out for, played his 1st AB game on the grand slam tour
Did play for aucks but now plays for welly

skeepe

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Let me list some players that I rate better than Gregan: O'Driscoll, Carter, Umuga, Kelleher (a hell of a lot better at no9), Smith, Waugh, Larkham. And that is just a few off the top of my head! When was the last time Gregan won an important match for Australia? All these players win matches singlehandly!

An U21 Job does not count for Fisher becuase he has a hell of a lot of work to go to get the top job!

Waugh wins matches singlehandedly? When? Overrated powder puff.

An U21 job does count, as all you said was that you laughed at the idea of Fisher being an Australian coach. You did not specify which Australian team you referred to, therefore my statement is correct.

If I were to be serious for a second though, I think the Brumbies will struggle this year... they just don't have the class of years gone by, and good as Gregan and Larkham are, they're getting old and slowing down a little. I still think Gregan is Australia's best scrum half by miles, but the others are starting to catch up just a little.

aussies1st

Staff member
The problem with the brumbies is their lineout and scrum. Their lineout in particular is looking really weak and like the wallabies will struggle to use their backline with this type of forward pack.

I watch the Tahs take on the Blues up at the Central Coast,

I have to say I was very impressed.

Mostly with the young blokes and our scrum, unlike everyone has said, our scrum performed very well.

Skillecorn didn't play I was filthy.......

By the way, Doug Howlett has shaved his head, looks weird and Kevin Meleamu’s (spelling) bloody cauliflower ears are hilarious…..

aqua_duck

Coach
skeepe said:

Gregan is old and useless, he's made a career out of that Jeff WIlson tackle. The guy is so one dimensional, his kicking game is sh*t, his passing is average and he isn't that quick anymore. The only thing you can say about him is that he tries hard and puts his body on the line.

skeepe

Immortal
aqua_duck said:
Gregan is old and useless, he's made a career out of that Jeff WIlson tackle. The guy is so one dimensional, his kicking game is sh*t, his passing is average and he isn't that quick anymore. The only thing you can say about him is that he tries hard and puts his body on the line.

Have you ever watched a game of rugby in your life?

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
Have you ever watched a game of rugby in your life?

Give me one international game that Gregan got man of the match in the last 12 months against QUALITY opposition! He is one-dimensional, people have worked him out 5 years ago!

skeepe

Immortal
If he's one dimensional, how has he remained such a good player over such a long period of time? He is and will always be the best halfback to ever play for Australia.

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
If he's one dimensional, how has he remained such a good player over such a long period of time? He is and will always be the best halfback to ever play for Australia.

Best halfback to play for Australia! WTF are you smoking! I'd say Nick Farr-Jones was a hell of a lot better! And I'd dispute whether he has been a great player over a period of time. He was good when he came on, but by 2000 he was stale!

skeepe

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Best halfback to play for Australia! WTF are you smoking! I'd say Nick Farr-Jones was a hell of a lot better! And I'd dispute whether he has been a great player over a period of time. He was good when he came on, but by 2000 he was stale!

If he was stale in 2000 that would mean the staleness was already creeping in by say 98-99... but what's this I remember? Australia won the world cup in 1999 didn't they? Not to mention won a sensational test series against the Lions in 2001? And what's that? Gregan was at the helm? My God! Not bad for a "stale" player.

Also, he managed to lead the Brumbies to 2 Super 12 titles since becoming "stale", in 2001 and 2004.

I know you'd love to believe that Gregan is on the way out, but he's just as good as ever... why is it only Australians (read NSWelshman) who think Gregan is no good? Most other nations would tell you they'd be relieved if Gregan were not selected for the Wallabies, because they know they'll have a much easier job against a vastly inferior half.

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
If he was stale in 2000 that would mean the staleness was already creeping in by say 98-99... but what's this I remember? Australia won the world cup in 1999 didn't they? Not to mention won a sensational test series against the Lions in 2001? And what's that? Gregan was at the helm? My God! Not bad for a "stale" player.

Also, he managed to lead the Brumbies to 2 Super 12 titles since becoming "stale", in 2001 and 2004.

I know you'd love to believe that Gregan is on the way out, but he's just as good as ever... why is it only Australians (read NSWelshman) who think Gregan is no good? Most other nations would tell you they'd be relieved if Gregan were not selected for the Wallabies, because they know they'll have a much easier job against a vastly inferior half.

He was state after the World Cup in 99, his last real good tournament. Eales was at the helm in 2001 you twit! Blind Freddy could have led those Brumbies sides to victory, they had superstars left, right, and centre! How is he as good as ever, he had no idea what he was doing on the european tour, had no idea in the tri-nations (except the last game which was his best effort but nothing to flash) and his captaincy was terrible. His time is up!

skeepe

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
He was state after the World Cup in 99, his last real good tournament. Eales was at the helm in 2001 you twit! Blind Freddy could have led those Brumbies sides to victory, they had superstars left, right, and centre! How is he as good as ever, he had no idea what he was doing on the european tour, had no idea in the tri-nations (except the last game which was his best effort but nothing to flash) and his captaincy was terrible. His time is up!

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree here... me with my proof, and you with your opinions.