What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better?

Big Pete

Referee
Oddities

Entrance always received a pop and I enjoyed the freak-show gimmick. Terrible, terrible wrestlers but they were far more popular than the Godwinns.

Al Snow vs. Val Venis

nöyd

Staff member
i got plenty of laughs out of Al Snow, Pierre the stuffed deer head among my faves

Billy Gunn or Test

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Have to go John Morrison. Freak of an athlete and could some crazy things in the ring... Maybe I am getting old but I can only really picture Taz as a commentator.

Two of my favourite gimmicks back in the day. Who was better - Gangrel or Vampiro?

Iafeta

Referee
I would have gone Kanoyn easily... The Kanyon Cutter angle was awesome, and he was exceptionally creative in the ring. I was a mad mark for him. Surprised to see Vampiro win anything, very interesting reading Chris Jericho's first book on how much of a hack and fraud Vampiro was.

Heath Slater.

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan v The Big Bossman.

nöyd

Staff member
loved the old Bossman with the blue police shirt as opposed to the corporate Bossman in the swat gear, quick mover for a big guy in the mid/late 90's

Buh-Buh Ray Dudley vs. Bully Ray

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bully Ray. The transformation has been great. Would not be out of place in the upper midcard of the WWE.

William Regal or Daniel Bryan?

afinalsin666

First Grade
Daniel Bryan. Regal is hilarious, but Bryan is hilariouser. And a better wrestler.

The great Khali or Yoshi Tatsu?

Big Pete

Referee
Iafeta said:
I would have gone Kanoyn easily... The Kanyon Cutter angle was awesome, and he was exceptionally creative in the ring. I was a mad mark for him. Surprised to see Vampiro win anything, very interesting reading Chris Jericho's first book on how much of a hack and fraud Vampiro was.

Kanyon/Lynn would actually be a toss up for me. Lynn played a big role in keeping ECW alive just that little bit longer, helped pioneer the X-Division and was one of the bigger names on the ROH roster. Suppose it's a matter of quality vs. quantity.

Vampiro is a hack who basically got over in Mexico due to being a teenage heart-throb but just about anybody beats Gangrel. All he had was an entrance, everything else about him absolutely sucked. I watched through Smackdown 99 recently and they had him cut a promo with the Brood and it was down right one of the worst I've heard...up until Edge saved it.

Regal or Bryan? Both are really well respected around the IWC but only one for me has a bunch of 'classic' matches worth bragging about - and that's Bryan. Regal was very consistent and has the odd gem here or there but I can't point to a match of his that can place him right up there on GOAT lists like I can with Bryan.

Mind you, I always appreciate wrestlers who prove me wrong and Bryan is certainly on that list.

EDIT: Tatsu. Kahli is always going to figure into heavyweight calculations but there's no doubt Tatsu is the better in-ring performer. His work on NXT & Superstars is really under-appreciated in the grand scheme of things.

The Nasty Boys vs. Public Enemy

Bulldog Force

Referee
images

Mankind or Monster Abyss?

Latest posts