What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was man of the match?

farmeister

Juniors
All those "experts" who wanted Buderus in the team over Farah this year need to be publicly shamed.

The same goes for the NSW selectors who picked Ennis for NSW all those years. All those claims that Ennis is an "origin player" and a "better defender" than Farah look pretty stupid now.

NrlCoach

Juniors
All those "experts" who wanted Buderus in the team over Farah this year need to be publicly shamed.

The same goes for the NSW selectors who picked Ennis for NSW all those years. All those claims that Ennis is an "origin player" and a "better defender" than Farah look pretty stupid now.
and all the Michael mad for origin Ennis fans. should of sticked with farah in 2009 instead NSW dropped him for Ennis. C.Smith was :lol:

chrisD

Coach
They were fair criticisms until this series. He has previously looked no better than Ennis or Buderus. It was a case of choose the one who seems to be the less derp likely and hope for the best until Farah stepped up this series.

Loudstrat

Coach
Birdy was the heart and soul of our team. For about 4 games it has been Gallen, but Bird's mongrel has been the springboard for GS, Farah, Lewis and Watmong to rip in, and a great support to Gal.

Yeah, he dropped ball early - but f*ck me, right now there is no person more suited to Origin than Greg Bird.

And no one has mentioned Morris - blinder in defence.

Special mention to Grant on debut. Awesome.

chrisD

Coach
NSW backs couldn't be in consideration for anything, they had 0 to work with, how could they with Ricky's second rowathon?

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah, I would say that if NSW had Ennis tonight they would have lost. Would have given away a stupid penalty or something. Plus I think the fact that he's such a jerk makes the opposing team try harder to beat him.

no name

Coach
Farah and Bird were NSW 2 best.
Luke Lewis really brought them home, was outstanding in the closing stages.

farmeister

Juniors
Not understanding the G. Stewart love. He's a walking penalty.

I've never been a big fan of G. Stewart in the NSW team. He's played a decent number of matches now but I don't think I have yet seen him set up a try or make a line break, even though he gets plenty of ball in attack.

I can't say why, and maybe someone who knows more about rugby league can shed some light. It seems that he runs the same plays that he does for Manly, but in Origin the opponents are always one step ahead of him. e.g., when he's running right looking to create an overlap, Qld always seems to slide fast enough to stop that from happening, and the play always fizzles out.

At least his defense is solid, but in attack I'm not sure he's really adding much to the team.

ellskimore

Juniors

1000 times this^^^

Mad Magpie

Juniors
I've never been a big fan of G. Stewart in the NSW team. He's played a decent number of matches now but I don't think I have yet seen him set up a try or make a line break, even though he gets plenty of ball in attack.

I can't say why, and maybe someone who knows more about rugby league can shed some light. It seems that he runs the same plays that he does for Manly, but in Origin the opponents are always one step ahead of him. e.g., when he's running right looking to create an overlap, Qld always seems to slide fast enough to stop that from happening, and the play always fizzles out.

At least his defense is solid, but in attack I'm not sure he's really adding much to the team.

Yea i agree - i would have him on the bench and start with Watmough - he has real mongrel in him that is handy in that first 20 mins - bring G Stewart on when defences are tiring and he is fresh so that his hole running and ball playing can come to the fore.

MacDougall

First Grade
Farah now holds the record for most tackles in an Origin match and with not one missed tackle.

But apparently Bird was better.

Yosh

Coach
How good were some of the hits in the game? Lewis hammered some of the good~

Yosh

Coach

We've played real good this year and even though he might not be starring but he is a cog in the machine and it'd be stupid to drop him. He does his job well and maybe he'll show us some more attacking flair if he gets a couple more chances to link up with morris or stewart.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm not sure one of Bird's drops was accidental. After Taylor got pinged for stripping when he hadn't, I think Bird was just trying his luck with the refs and doing a BK. Didn't succeed on that occasion.

I trust Bird has the audacity to do that kinda play.

cornerposter

Juniors
Bird misses 6 tackles and makes 2 errors, more than any other NSW player, yet gets man of the match? Why? Farah, Gallen, Stewart, Morris, Lewis all more deserving.
Orign's more than just stats princess, but most NSW'krs don't get that. Bird was easily your best.
So where will Ricky's flogging be held? :lol: