What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was the better fijian flyer...Tuqiri or Nadruku?

Who was the better flyin fijian?

• Noa

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Lote

Votes: 51 42.1%

• Total voters
so who was the better winger? Tuqiri had 4 good years at the broncos and won a title...Nadruku dominated the comp during the 93, 94 & 95 seasons...and also won a title. Tuqiri went through the Broncos system the good ol fashioned way, and came into the NRL at a young age. Nadruku was located in a tree pickin coconuts in some obscure village in Fiji by Tim Sheens, and brought straight into the Raiders first grade starting line up at age 25. Lote has a good ol gidday maeeete aussie accent. Nadruku had some of the greatest interviews in the history of tv with grunts and a few random words thrown in here n there.

Both insanely powerful wingers. Nadruku only about 176cm..Lote much taller so probably better in the air..Yet Nadruku was unstoppable from close range.. he'd run over anybody.

as a Raiders fan I'm gonna have to go with Noa...he quickly became won of my all-time favourite players in 93, and he'll forever be a special star in my Rugby League universe.

Noa's the only Raider from that 94 team that I don't have a signed card of...I couldn't find one anywhere....so that leads me to believe he never knew how to write...If anyone here ever got Noa's autograph...can you confirm that he does indeed know how to use a pen.

HevyDevy

Coach
Tuqiri is the better athlete but Noa wins for his ability to consume 40 schooners in a sitting and still play at NRL level

Panjabi

Juniors
Noa is Lote's uncle.
Noa Nadruku for me, he stormed onto the scene out of obscurity and was an instant success, with top tryscorer in the 1993 season.
Aside from his attacking flair, he also had a interesting tackling technique, which resembled a torpedo, as he would launch himself at attackets hoping to spear them in the ribs.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
Nadruku dominated the comp during the 93, 94 & 95 seasons...and also won a title.

1993 had a great yr and led the comp in tries
1994 missed a fair amount of games with injury
1995 not bad
1996 had a great yr and led the comp in tries. Scored 4 vs the crushers to take the title ( i think )

I will take lote (bias perhaps) as the better winger. But not by too much

Parra Guru

Coach
I guess Tuqiri didn't play enough League so I voted Nandruku.

It's be interesting to see Lote play league again

Raider_69

Post Whore
Noa gets the nod from me for 3 reasons

1. im a raiders fan, so cant go past noa
2. his try scoring feats were awesome, easily schools little lote
3. im a westie, and anyone who can down 40 schooners, then a cask of wine and still be standing has gotta get some credit

what he did after those schooners and cask was a scummy act thou

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Noa gets the nod from me for 3 reasons

1. im a raiders fan, so cant go past noa
2. his try scoring feats were awesome, easily schools little lote
3. im a westie, and anyone who can down 40 schooners, then a cask of wine and still be standing has gotta get some credit

what he did after those schooners and cask was a scummy act thou
What did he do?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Harold Bishop said:
What did he do?

after dowing the 40 schooners and cask of wine, from memory, he went home got in an argument with his missus or something and hit her... im pretty sure thats why he was sacked from the cowboys

Raider Azz

Bench
Raider_69 said:
after dowing the 40 schooners and cask of wine, from memory, he went home got in an argument with his missus or something and hit her... im pretty sure thats why he was sacked from the cowboys
it was an incident in a bar i think, but yeah, basically he got absolutely smashed and then hit a woman, causing the cowboys to sack him.

Panjabi

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
it was an incident in a bar i think, but yeah, basically he got absolutely smashed and then hit a woman, causing the cowboys to sack him.

Not entirely correct. Noa was acquitted after being charged with assaulting three women, one of them his wife after downing 28 Schooners and half a bottle of wine at a bar in Canberra.
That was the reason the Raiders released him and he ended his career at the Cowboys.

Raider Azz

Bench
Panjabi said:
Not entirely correct. Noa was acquited after being charged with assaulting three women, one of them his wife after downing 28 Schooners and half a bottle of wine at a bar in Canberra.
That was the reason the Raiders released him and he ended his career at the Cowboys.
well there ya go... i was a young lad at the time so obviously my memory is a little hazy. thanks for clearing it up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Panjabi said:
Not entirely correct. Noa was acquited after being charged with assaulting three women, one of them his wife after downing 28 Schooners and half a bottle of wine at a bar in Canberra.

there ya go. conflicting storys all over the shop
i herd it was 40 schooners and an entire bottle of wine... still 28 and half is a good effort

Chips

Juniors
:lol: and when he tells his grandkids on his knee at the age of 75 it will have been 60 schooners