What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was the better fijian flyer...Tuqiri or Nadruku?

Who was the better flyin fijian?

• Noa

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Lote

Votes: 51 42.1%

• Total voters

Harold Bishop

Juniors
simon says said:
Lote by plenty.,......Noa was good,but Lote could/can be anything.

I dare any Raider fan to vote against Nadruku.
Like you wouldnt vote for Benji if he was compared to Cliff Lyons :roll:

always a raider

Juniors
schif4eva said:
I remember in 93 when raiders were versing Manly at Brookvale and Noa put the goose step on half the team and scored a mad try and made 2 try saving tackles. I have it on tape.

We won that game 21-18. good times

anjado

Juniors
being a Penrith fan
it has to be Joe Dakuatoga or Lee Naligilagi
hmm would say Noa he was in the game longer
and he was superb in 1993
which led to Penrith signing 4 Fijians
who were all pretty rubbish
i think if Lote never went to Union i think he would of taken this poll comfortably

Wow..I come back and it's 3 pages long

thanks for makin this a platinum thread guys..

Mr Saab said:
1993 had a great yr and led the comp in tries
1994 missed a fair amount of games with injury
1995 not bad
1996 had a great yr and led the comp in tries. Scored 4 vs the crushers to take the title ( i think )

I will take lote (bias perhaps) as the better winger. But not by too much

You got a real good memory dude...I dont remember Lote leading the comp in tries in 96 at all tbh.

There's been some eye opening points made in this thread

-Noa's Lote's Uncle
-Noa introduced Wiki to kava

iggy plop said:
I thought he was much taller than 176cms. More like 6 foot (183cms)

I could be wrong. I have this video of the 94 GF and after he scores his great try where he runs over the top of Jason Williams.....it has a lil profile pop up and im pretty sure the height was something like 176cm..but yeah i'll peep the video and see if you were right.

simon says

First Grade
Harold Bishop said:
Like you wouldnt vote for Benji if he was compared to Cliff Lyons :roll:

At this moment in time,I would happily admit that Lyons performed over a greater period of time at the elite level and I would consider him the better player because of this.

If Bunji can stay at the elite level for several years I expect him to pip Lyons,who I have always regarded as a gun for Manly.

Cheers.

Panjabi

Juniors
Bobby DIGital said:
There's been some eye opening points made in this thread

-Noa's Lote's Uncle
-Noa introduced Wiki to kava
Here's another one. Nadruku's real surname is Kurimalawai.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
You got a real good memory dude...I dont remember Lote leading the comp in tries in 96 at all tbh.

Lote didnt lead in 1996. Noa did. Lote didnt debut until 1999 (and what a bad debut it was for the broncos)

Mr Saab

Referee
always a raider said:
We won that game 21-18. good times

21-18 was 1994. Canberra lead 21-6 with 10 mins to go and then manly scored 2 late converted tries.

21-10 it was in 1993. Noa scored 3 tries and blitzed them

Panjabi

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
21-10 it was in 1993. Noa scored 3 tries and blitzed them
21-10 was in 1993, but Noa only scored the one try (saved a definte two), the other try scorers were Meninga, Hoppe and Daley.

Panjabi

Juniors
Since this has turned into a Noa Nadruku appreciation thread, here are some other notable mentions in regards to the great man.

Daily M Winger of the Year in 1993, 1996.
Top Try Scorer 1993, 1996.
David Middleton's Team of the Year 1994.

ak47

Juniors
Noa by a mile

Alot of praise towards Lote, is half poluted by union.

Lote didnt hit his guns until he converted to union

Before that Wendell was the #1 Winger in QLD.

Try telling Matty Sears, Lote is better................he'll never forget being pulled down under the sticks cm's from the tryline in a final for Norths, when literally he was kissing the deadball line...only to be pulled up short in-field by the Flying Fijian.
No try..........Raiders Win..............it was payback from when Sears took Mullo down in very similar fashion.........normally when they hit space is try time...not if Noa is playing.

Raider_69 said:
yea i know nagas wasnt fijian, ment to quote Bring back John Fifita's comments on nagas at the start of that post

oops, Fifita fumbles the ball.

That backline is awesome, how long were they together for??

Mullins, Nadruku, Meninga, Wiki, Nagas. And I assume Daley & Stuart were the halves.

Thats a backline to rival anything I've ever seen.

^just that 94 Season...Belcher was at fullback in 93 with Mullins in the centres with Mal...in 95 Croker replaced Mal in the centres.

ak47

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
oops, Fifita fumbles the ball.

That backline is awesome, how long were they together for??

Mullins, Nadruku, Meninga, Wiki, Nagas. And I assume Daley & Stuart were the halves.

Thats a backline to rival anything I've ever seen.

2-3yrs max
Mal retired in 1994 - bowed out as GF champion.
Wiki was moved to 2nd row not long after
Daley and Stuart, prolly played 50% of their games together at the same time....injuries ridiculed what would have been 1989, thru to 1994 dominance

Edit: bobby digital prolly correct on the 1 yr thing...too long ago of the top of my head

Balmain_Boy

Willie Carne, Mick Hancock, Steve Renouf, Darren Smith and Wendell Sailor in 96 for the Broncos wasn't too bad either.

Balmain_Boy said:
Willie Carne, Mick Hancock, Steve Renouf, Darren Smith and Wendell Sailor in 96 for the Broncos wasn't too bad either.

True. Langer & Walters halves. I'd go for the raiders 7 in this contest though. The other that would pop up as potentials is the Eels 80's lineup. Potentially another thread.

Latest posts