What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was the better halfback?

Who was the better halfback?

• Alan Langer

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Ricky Stuart

Votes: 43 39.1%

• Total voters

Edwahu

Bench
When Stuart was at his absolute best in 93 and 94 he was better then Langer ever was. Langer had the better overall career though. If injuries were as kind to Stuart there would be no debate.

dice

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Stuart had the passing and kicking game all over Langer, Langer had good running plus was quite inspirational. Langer probly lasted longer but Stuart better IMO.

My thoughts exactly. Nobody could throw a long pass or kick a long ball anywhere near as far or as accurate as Stuart. They are both champs though.

Razor

Coach
Langer EASILY. The fact that Langer was dominant for such a longer period than Stuart justifies how good Langer was.

Because Stuart had injuries. There's no doubt Stuart was the better halfback, but who had the greater career is debateable. In terms of best, there's not a doubt in the world - Stuart was miles ahead of Langer

Meanie

Juniors
At his zenith I think Ricky was probably slightly better, but Alf did it more regularly and for much longer.

Phillips

Referee
Ricky Stuart by far

i dont know how Langer is winning the poll, must be alot of Queenslanders on this forum

RABK

Referee
i can't split them. Both champion players. Both had faults but were very strong in quite a few areas.

Raider_69

Post Whore
THERES ONLY ONE RICKY STUART
ONE RICKY STUART!

as said above, never has a bloke played that ive seen that could kick and pass so long and accurately... langer was dangerous inside the 20 but past that he was not at a level on par with stuart...

langer had the better career simply because injuries were kinder to him...

kickback

Juniors
Langer forsure, he out played Stuart all the time, and stuart even knew that and had the sh*ts most of his career, Langer was Australian 1/2 back and even Australian Captian at one stage!!

Raiders Plight

Juniors
kickback said:
Langer forsure, he out played Stuart all the time, and stuart even knew that and had the sh*ts most of his career, Langer was Australian 1/2 back and even Australian Captian at one stage!!

WOWZ! was that when Langer was dropped from 2 consecutive ashes tours in 1990 and 1994 and replaced by Ricky Stuart who went on to win both series? Queenslanders hate Ricky stuart because he always got the better of Langer.