What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 22: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
Olam came up with a stupid play and it was a game changer. I can't even tell if it was flush on the jaw or more like the neck but it was stupid. Papalli coming up with that play at that time was terrible but he has been better in the middle. Klemmer was okay.

Nothing goes our way though. Latu getting smacked in the head early and when he had to adjust. I suppose good teams get through these things and win but we aren't a good team.
I reckon we win with 17 players.
I'm getting excited about next year.
We need to have faith in Richo, someone who's cleaned out the deadwood and his experience and ego will get us a good team moving fwd. He's not accustomed to losing

Nutz

Bench
These 3 in the pic below + Luai are our future. Already these boys are showing Luai that he has not made a bad decision.
We do need at least 1 enforcer though.
Even guys like Porter and Faataape are improving. Da Silva is getting more NRL experience.
Go back to the when we signed Jarome Luaia, a lot of us were saying that we need to have guys who will make up next years team play a lot of games this year, particularly at the back end of the season.
We can't go into preseason with these players having no NRL experience.
It's a shame that Latu got injured. He needs heaps of games and now it looks like he may not get much more with AD nearing inclusion.
SmartSelect_20240801_233933_Edge.jpg

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
We get refereed differently to every other team, it’s beyond sickening now. Olam was in no way a send off, it was nearly an identical tackle to Jennings on Saab last week which didn’t even get a bin!

now in no way am I saying that cost us the game, however it absolutely cost us a chance in the game.

Disappointed with Api tonight. Always highlight reels when your hooker darts out of dummy half, but the key requirement of any 9 is defence and Api was terrible tonight.

Out of the experienced guys, who were rubbish?
I'd say Olam, which didn't deserve a send off and Papa and his ball hog effort with 2 unmarked players outside him was it. The rest did ok.
Just reading through the comments b4 I gave my opinion.
If Olam was with the Storm, that tackle was a ‘great head on tackle’ that he does every week.
Papa, running like he’s playing touch, 2 hands mate and always look for support, it’s simple.

We are so f**king shit and deserve the f**king spoon. There ARE some bright spots with some young guys in the side....but our experienced crew (bar Api) need tio be taken to the rubbish tip.
We do shit performances in style.
I think there are plenty of bright spots but I’m a glass full type.

Might add as well that if I was BM, I’d tell every player who has potential to play 1st grade, to get the kicking tee out and spend the entire off season perfecting their kicking. There must be an alternative to Api.

Nutz

Bench
Api's stats were poor because he let Gavin run the show. The more the D concentrates on Galvin and Latu (next year Jarome as well ) in future games it frees up Api.
It's a darn shame we lost Latu so early because they would have trained all week with him at ½. To compound the problem we were down to 12 men.
Well done I say.

Tiger05

First Grade
Disappointed with Api tonight. Always highlight reels when your hooker darts out of dummy half, but the key requirement of any 9 is defence and Api was terrible tonight.

He is making a lot of mistakes. He is going a lot of good stuff as well but those mistakes suck.

Tigerm

First Grade

Future’s bright despite wooden spoon reality;​

I missed the game, but this headline “The future looks bright” is all well and good, but we have been saying this for over a decade.
IMO, playing good and losing is not much different than playing bad and losing, we are still losing.
Next year:(

Latest posts