What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who was the first player....

m0j0

Bench
Sportsjock said:
m0j0 said:
I also went to high school with Brett and Craig Kimmorley and had to sit through role call every morning with them.

Belmont boy too?

Yep...We had some good sporting teams/individuals in those days. The sporting honours board was fairly impressive.
That was back when Gateshead High was still Gateshead High.

Billy Peden and robbio at their old surf shop... The shop assistant there actually rang them up for me to see when they were coming in :D This was in 2001

m0j0 said:
Sportsjock said:
m0j0 said:
I also went to high school with Brett and Craig Kimmorley and had to sit through role call every morning with them.

Belmont boy too?

Yep...We had some good sporting teams/individuals in those days. The sporting honours board was fairly impressive.
That was back when Gateshead High was still Gateshead High.

I remember every time we (Bromeadow) played Belmont at Basketball it was always going to be a beating. Incredible team year after year.

Risa

Bench
When I was 8 I met Mal Meninga and Gary Belcher at my local Video Ezy. Don't think I had much of an idea who they were at that stage though lol

*melliez*

Juniors
I think it was the whole tigers team from when I was about 9.

My grandmother took me to a game and took me to meet the whole team, and I can't recall who the first person I spoke to was

IanG

Coach
First player I ever met was Sarge. It was at a McHappy day at Green Hills. I got his autograph on teh back of a tray mat.

Timana's girl

Juniors
frst players i met were hughes and danny bederus. They signed posters and a fotty. John morris was there too, but i didnt get 2 speak 2 him.

I met joey too, he was nice.

I also saw robbie o shopping with his daughter.

astrogirl

First Grade
I've never met any of them! Although I've seen Matty Johns around Sydney a couple of times.

keeney

First Grade
i saw todd payten at video ezy in edgecliff, adn rhys wesser in bondi junciton

B-dos

Referee
Danny Buderus came to my house one day to film an ad for Boots Plumbing supplies. He had a shower in my bathroom. no word of a lie.. Does anyone remember the Ad??

Big Tim

First Grade
I met Robbie McCormack in 93 0r 94, not sure. Anyway I was a kid of about 8 and had just been moved to hooker with my local football team, he was hosting a pass the ball competition and I got through to the final against him and I beat him!!! :clap: Thinking about it now, he probably let me win, he was a top bloke letting a kid win and I got a signed Knights football for my skills. I also know Chris Tyrie, who you wouldnt call a Knight anymore, but he went to my High School.

~bedsy~

First Grade
B-dos said:
Danny Buderus came to my house one day to film an ad for Boots Plumbing supplies. He had a shower in my bathroom. no word of a lie.. Does anyone remember the Ad??
Damn I wish I knew you ;-) :lol:

princessjen

Juniors
I've met Jamie Lyon cos he only lives in Wee Waa I must say he's gotten a lot fatter, probably from working at the pub. I'm going to the grand final of the group 4 rugby league this weekend, wee waa vs moree should be good.
I've also met todd lowrie on many occassions, friend of the familys
I also met robbie o once at the junction shopping centre

*melliez*

Juniors
woah what an old thread...

I just realised that I posted the whole tigers team from when i was 9, but I am a complete utter moron cause I completely forgot about my cousin (even though when I met him), he currently plays for the panthers..

deedles

Juniors
mick buettner, met him when i was about 7 or 8 when he first played for the eels. he came to my primary school to do those league promotional days where you spend all afternoon doing drills. then it only got made better when he went to my beloved north sydney. first knights player however would have been johns after origin 2001 i think.

northey

First Grade
forgot about my cousin (even though when I met him), he currently plays for the panthers
who is your cousin melliez??? i might know him.....

yeah i couldn't remember posting this topic.. then i realised how old it was #-o