What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have a good one Shaun vs Bulldogs Round 25 Game Day Thread.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Honestly up til the non sin bin I thought the refereeing was fairly even handed but even then there were a bunch of dud decisions and I just find the way he referees games annoying generally.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Moving away from the refereeing BS we have to analyse every week because they're such imbeciles...

I thought the whole Shaun's final home game was way overblown and I hope they learn from it. I can't cop the amount that went into that. I know we have our heroes and there's correct times to do it, but it's a team game and it almost took the piss a bit with how the start of the game was secondary to Shaun's moment. It was probably the bro shake with the social media guy that was the final straw, for me.

Meth

Staff member
Moving away from the refereeing BS we have to analyse every week because they're such imbeciles...

I thought the whole Shaun's final home game was way overblown and I hope they learn from it. I can't cop the amount that went into that. I know we have our heroes and there's correct times to do it, but it's a team game and it almost took the piss a bit with how the start of the game was secondary to Shaun's moment. It was probably the bro shake with the social media guy that was the final straw, for me.

I think it was just a case of wanting something to celebrate.

I find myself struggling to be misty eyed about him when he's dragged our season into the toilet. Hindsight being what it is, he should have retired last year.

JJ

Immortal
lol mostly people have disregarded Gal’s views

it was a shocking decision, but the whole “the NRL is against us” schtick is pretty boring tbh

great to see Warriors legend Adam Blair doing an inspirational haka 🥱

Meth

Staff member
lol mostly people have disregarded Gal’s views

it was a shocking decision, but the whole “the NRL is against us” schtick is pretty boring tbh

great to see Warriors legend Adam Blair doing an inspirational haka 🥱

I think his point was not so much that the NRL are against us and more than the NRL is for the Bulldogs. Hard to disagree with that at the moment.

Meth

Staff member
Got an apology from old mate so that's nice, isn't it? Worthless, but nice...well, not really nice really, but worthless.

I think his point was not so much that the NRL are against us and more than the NRL is for the Bulldogs. Hard to disagree with that at the moment.
It always seems the lower teams get the rough calls. This may just be perception, I'm sure there are some stats somewhere on it.
The shoulder to Barnett's head got nothing on or off the field.
The NRL is creating a huge problem for themselves with future legal issues if they aren't proving to be doing something against head contact.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think it was just a case of wanting something to celebrate.

I find myself struggling to be misty eyed about him when he's dragged our season into the toilet. Hindsight being what it is, he should have retired last year.
Yeah it was, it was a useful piece of marketing. There's a good feeling about the club that has extended through a bunch of shit performances. Wayne Scurrah 2.0, but instead of jerseys, Cameron George sells good feeling?

I agree with the second part. Maybe I wouldn't say 'dragged into the toilet' but this is a guy I've loved play, but I think it's gone really wrong this year. It's felt like a Shaun Johnson farewell tour, which is the last thing an NRL season is. I like my sportspeople to be humble at the right times, and the carry on this week lets me know why Shaun has struggled to be consistent in his career.

Big Marn

Bench
His apologies/admiting mistakes are always followed with a but...
Yeh, i love how he says that the match review committee agreed with 4 of the 5 sinbinnings that got grade 2 charges. The 5th grade 2 charge was Crichton. So Annesley is saying sorry we got it wrong but hey, 80% is pretty good eh?
What a spin doctor.

FMD.

Big Marn

Bench
Yeah it was, it was a useful piece of marketing. There's a good feeling about the club that has extended through a bunch of shit performances. Wayne Scurrah 2.0, but instead of jerseys, Cameron George sells good feeling?

I agree with the second part. Maybe I wouldn't say 'dragged into the toilet' but this is a guy I've loved play, but I think it's gone really wrong this year. It's felt like a Shaun Johnson farewell tour, which is the last thing an NRL season is. I like my sportspeople to be humble at the right times, and the carry on this week lets me know why Shaun has struggled to be consistent in his career.
ive been pretty quiet regarding this farewell tour, but yeh i think hes been given way too much leverage for his 2023 season.
I can remember plenty of times on this forum ( i have a long memory) when the majority couldnt wait for him to piss off to the Sharks, because he was bludging big time and hadnt done anything for the club in years.
Not many wanted him to come back. 2023 was a complete surprise and it seems to have painted this picture he had a stellar career. Well he didnt. He had a couple of great seasons and the rest was plod, ( shovel it on, shovel it on, )
So yeah.

Latest posts