What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who were you surprised never made it?

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
I meant in regard to the media buzz at the start of 1988 season.
All the newspapers carried article on how Papworth was the buy of the season.
Bourke also got good media attention
With Stuart a can not remember any media articles about him, and I was only later that I found out that he was a wallaby

It's probably explained by this: Papworth had played 15 Tests as a Wallaby, Burke 23 Tests and Ricky Stuart zero Tests. Stuart played 3 tour matches in Argentina for the Wallabies.

glockers

Juniors
Michael Withers from a time long gone. Aust Schoolboys capt and I thought was going to kill it. Had a mediocre career in UK.

Jacin Sinclair. Could have been anything, so he decided to be as mad as a cut snake.

As a Tigers fan I thought both these guys were going to be good players. Good answer. I would also add Robert Lui and Issac De Gois

Timbo

Staff member
As a Tigers fan I thought both these guys were going to be good players. Good answer. I would also add Robert Lui and Issac De Gois

De Gois played 225 first grade games over 11 seasons.

If that's not making it as a professional footy player I don't know what is.

glockers

Juniors
De Gois played 225 first grade games over 11 seasons.

If that's not making it as a professional footy player I don't know what is.

I thought De Gois was going to be Origin quality....

All those guys I thought were going to be rep players.

horrie hastings

First Grade
TBF, He copped serious leg injuries very early on two (three?) seasons in a row. Hardly surprising he never hit the heights after that.

Not to mention him breaking his jaw attempting to tackle Rod Wishart in the first round down at the Gong in 1990.

jimmee007

Juniors
Simon Dwyer

He was on his way to being the next big thing, everyone remembers that hit in the semi final against the Roosters.

what would have been a great career cut short...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
forgot about simon, raw aggresion and hitting power ontop of an athletic lump of body. If buhrer got himself a blues jumper round that time then simon was on his way

Latest posts