What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the fastest player in the game?

Goleel

Juniors
Outsprinting Peachey isn't too hard to do, without the ball he's a pretty slow runner.

Michael Vella is quick for a prop, since he used to play on the wing, Alex Chan has some pace, he actually beat Joven Clarke to the line in the sevens, but I suspect Clarke wasn't putting much effort in, because even if he did catch him, what was he going to do, jump on Chan's back?

Steve Price is a pretty quick prop too, remember his break at Origin? Rauhihi has decent pace, so does Paul Stringer. Locks, well, Daniel Wagon is pretty quick, but guys like Timmins and Terry Hill, who used to be centres, play lock now, so they'd have to be the quickest. Menzies is very fast for a lock, too, although he's lost a bit of speed over the years.

Jamie Lyon is actually a great speedster too, he's run down Minichiello, another speedster, a few times this year, but along with Gasnier you don't notice just how quick they are because they have more than their speed, so aren't listed with the speedsters of the game, because guys like Donald, Slater, Wesser, Clarke and Graham only have their speed.

Raider_69

Post Whore
PARRA_FAN said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Could be phill Graham he burnt off Wesser with ease in a game I saw this year and Wesser is a gun himself!! Donald and slater wouldn't be far off tho

what ever happened to Graham, rated the next best thing at Canberra and I find him playing in the GF on Sunday in PL.

trust me, graham will be the next big thing, he is a confidence player and at the time he was dropped he was lacking it, then he got it back and cant get his back into the team because our backline was playing well.... he also has problems in defence, a good off season where he can bulk up a bit will have him nail down a spot with Mogg next year

Scott Donald
Matt Rieck
Billy Slater
Rhys Wesser
Chris Walker
Matt Bowen
Phil Graham
Matt Sing
Matt Reick
Joven Clarke
and my pick for a team would be McLinden, i recon he would be close to the fastest player in league over the first 50

devonuto

Juniors
Goleel said:
guys like Donald, Slater, Wesser, Clarke and Graham only have their speed.

Wesser's got a hell of a lot more than just speed... he's a legend, you don't score 25 tries in a year if all you have is speed... he saves a lot of tries too.

People... are we forgetting HOWLAND???? that bloke flies!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Graham also has evasive skills, agility, can catch bombs etc and is one of the best readers of the game, thus resulting in many an intercept

Paullyboy

Coach
Geez i hate matt geyer, he has as much talent as a punchdrunk fighter.

(sorry going off on a side not there i know, but i just hate hearing him getting raps)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
NRL Fast Team

Rhys Wesser
Scott Donald
Billy Slater
Phil Graham
Matt Rieck
Matt Bowen
Preston Campbell
Ryan O'Hara
Craig Wing
Michael Vella
Nathan Hindmarsh
Dane Carlaw
Glen Morrison

Matt Geyer
Daniel Wagon
Anthony Watmough
Alex Chan

Any other halfbacks that have got some pace, Matt Orford looks pretty quick.

benjamite

Juniors
mark mclinden is the fastest halfback in the league with ease, infact there would be few players in the game that could beat him over 40 m or so.

Anonymous

Juniors
Wesser and Slater aren't that fast at all, they are just good players and elusive runners. As mentioned, Geyer is faster than Slater, while Wesser has a loping stride and is no faster than any other run of the mill fullback. Just look how Brent Webb eased away from him no problem at all to score on Sunday, or how Webb comfortably ran down Matty Bowen (another non-speedster) against the Cowboys at Dairy Farmers.

devonuto

Juniors
Wesser broke the Panthers club record for the 40m... he looked a bit tired against the Warriors... never really got into full stride.

Watch out Chooks...

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
I dont think Albert is as fast as he was.Still quick but ive seen him cut down once or twice over here.Didnt he break his ankle or something? Maybe that slowed him up a bit?

Hes still one of the fastest in ESL though along with Brett Dallas,Brian Carney,Mark Calderwood and suprisingly the guy who has caught both Dallas and Albert-Steve Prescot (very underated player). I dont think RL will ever see a player as fast over long distance as Martin Offiah,now he could run!

Ausguy

Coach
Stu Kelly from the broncos is pretty fast isnt he, and isnt adrian morley considered a fast forward?

Latest posts