What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD Origin Halfback?

Spike

First Grade
Seymour, based on his halves combination with Lockyer and no doubt better form than Scott Prince by Origin time bar injuries which is what this thread is getting at.

Eddie.

Bench
If prince played for the Broncos he would be selected, but Seymore will get the nod due to the combination the broncs boys have and fair enough

Prince had a bloody good series though last year, so Seymour shouldnt expect to just walk into the side...

ByRd

First Grade
Brett Seymour for sure but he & Prince will have a great battle for the spot but what will get Seymour the spot is his connection with Lockyer.

Kiwi

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Johnathan Thurston. :clap:

If Thurston is in good form, he'll come off the bench. They wont play him in the 7 when Lockyer and Seymour look deadly together.

RABK

Referee
I reckon with 2 weeks training Thurston and Lockyer could strike up an even deadlier combo. Thurston is in outstanding form and he reminds me of Johns in the way he tackles. Great defender for a bloke who only weighs 86kg.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I reckon with 2 weeks training Thurston and Lockyer could strike up an even deadlier combo.

I think Thurston is more a five-eith than a halfback! It is too risky in Origin putting someone who does not play regular games in that position! I am sure he can do the job, but not as good as BRETT SEYMOUR can!

Kris_man

Bench
Scott Prince, because of hir performances in last year's series. the selectors won't forget those.

ozboy

Juniors
Brett Seymour without doubt will be the QLD Origin number 7, withstanding any injuries of-course.

blaine train

Juniors
As much as Prince played above his standard last year, he didn't offer enough. He's not dangerous. I'm sure I know who the blues would rather at halfback. While you could pick him, does he have an advantage over Seymour or Thurston? I don't think he does.

I think Seymour will get in, but Thurston would be good in that when he runs it to the line he's a tad bit more dangerous. And while he is playing 5-8 in origin there isn't realy positional play. But still Seymour for me

Big Mick

Referee
no way, options:

1. Brett Seymour
2. Scott Prince
3. Jonothan Thurston
4. Cameron Sheppard
5. Michael Witt
6. Nathan Fein