What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD Origin Halfback?

aenima1

Juniors
tim smith has no hope. he's done nothing yet, theres way too much talk about him before he's even shown anything worth the talk.

imasharkie

Coach
Scott Prince should be half if the team was picked on form but
Queensland do as what Wayne says and he'll go with his
Bronco player, as usual.
The game should be called Queensland Broncos v NSW Blues

Red Bear

Referee
Prince should be, seymour is over rated.
However Seymour will probly get it.
I just hope cutie doesnt get the fullback spot.
Although if he did NSW would just have to break the line n we would score. Having sed that the mighty Blues will win anyway :D

Davester

Juniors
imasharkie said:
Bronco player, as usual.

I said the something similar to that to Broncoman in a MSN chat haha!

I'm just hoping the 'right' selection is made.

smeghead

Bench
Davester. I think Prince will be picked. But if he is not it won't be bad for the Tigers as I don't think Sheens would mind him in the team for that period ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
I think if Wayne got his way Seymour wouldn't be picked this year. I'm sure Wayne like most Broncos fans would like to see Seymour get an injury free good year under him before he plays origin. There is no doubt Seymour will play origin, I just hope it's next year instead of this year.

slava

Juniors
Billybob said:
Johnathon Thurston

he will continue to kill them on the field his form is awesome lately

he has single handedly won the past two games (stepping up when needed) for the cowboys and that to me shows big game composure

but on the other hand dont pick too many cowboys or they may suffer the same fate as the broncos post origin

what are you talking about? how many Cowboys are going to be in the team?

slava

Juniors
imasharkie said:
Bronco player, as usual.

Not funny. Then what are all them other wasters doing in the team.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Seymour is a great prospect and was gonna be half last year till he got injured. Prince played well in game 1 last year but struggled in the others.

thurston for the bench!

Ghoulies

Bench
imasharkie said:
Bronco player, as usual.
[-X

Attention: Bennett is not the QLD coach and has not been since 2003.

Darth Bobo

I said at the start of the year that I thought Seymour would probably get the job playing and living in QLD, but it would be hard to deny Prince his place in the team if we get more games like the 1 we did on the weekend.

It's an interesting battle, Seymour can play, no doubt about that, but is he ready for Origin? And as good as Prince was in round 3 where was that spark in round 1?

Ghoulies said:

Although Bennett is no longer coach do you really think he will have no bearing on the side that gets picked? Of course Bennett will be consulted and his opinion will carry a lot of weight with whoever gets the final say.

knights04

Bench
Brett Seymour and Scott Prince are favourites for mine. Wouldn't even mind seeing one of them play at five-eighth.

Ghoulies

Bench
Darth Bobo said:
Ghoulies said:

Although Bennett is no longer coach do you really think he will have no bearing on the side that gets picked? Of course Bennett will be consulted and his opinion will carry a lot of weight with whoever gets the final say.

But I think if it came down to Hagan wanting Prince in the 7 and Bennett wanting Seymour, Hagan would get his way.

Darth Bobo

Ghoulies said:
Darth Bobo said:
Ghoulies said:

But if I think it came down to Hagan wanting Prince in the 7 and Bennett wanting Seymour, Hagan would get his way.

I would hope so but I don't underestimate the influence of Bennett, this is a man that constantly refuses to take part in a lot of functions organised by the NRL yet he cops verly little or no criticism for it and is virtually untouchable in QLD.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That's providing Locky plays ALL three matches this time

Even so I can safely say that there are better five-eiths ahead of both of them! PJ Marsh, Thurston, Myles, Jason Smith, etc!