What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD Origin Halfback?

aenima1

Juniors
Prince is a good player, its just hard playing with an average club side every week, put him back in that qld side and he'll probably deliver just like last year.

Davester

Juniors
aenima1 said:
Prince is a good player, its just hard playing with an average club side every week, put him back in that qld side and he'll probably deliver just like last year.

Right on... 8)

lockyno1

Post Whore

Defensively he is a dead set weakness! OMG with Lockyer at 5 /8 and, ans much as it hates me to say it Lockyer at the moment is not the best defender. You can't have 2 hopeless defenders in the side. That is one big thing holding Prince back!

Balmain_Boy

Seymour won't just walk it in. He's going to have to work for it. He really is very overrated imo. But that could just be my bias. Scotty was very good yesterday. If he can play like that a few more times, Seymour won't get a look in.

Davester

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Despite Prince's effort from today, Seymour to get the No7

Yep, and rightly so! :mrgreen:

Give me a good reason why you think it's 'rightly so?' - I just get the feeling that you're saying that cause Seymour plays for the Broncos :-s

Balmain_Boy said:
Seymour won't just walk it in. He's going to have to work for it. He really is very overrated imo.

Well said... :clap: ...dunno about the 'very overated' part but yeah it's not like Seymour has cemented that 7 spot for QLD. It's not like the selectors are going to forget Prince's performance last year in SOO too.

I really think it could go either way

lockyno1 said:
Defensively he is a dead set weakness! OMG with Lockyer at 5 /8 and, and as much as it hates me to say it Lockyer at the moment is not the best defender. You can't have 2 hopeless defenders in the side. That is one big thing holding Prince back!

Oh yeah, what about now? :roll: You're quick to judge... :blahb:

Bullrider

Juniors
Seymour imo is a deaset gun. Broncos looked so good on Friday night. Not because of Lockyer but because he had so great a players like B Berrigan and Seymour organising the troops. I know it was windy but Mini was having trouble defusing the seymour bomb. It was a heck of a lot higher then Prince kicks them. Seymour will only get better to. He would be flat out playing 20 first grade game yet.

Seymour for Half

Raiders Plight

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Nathan Fien Maybe. He will be on the interchange bench though

as a NSW supporter i sure hope so. Fein had a very good finals series last year but please he is an ordinary halfback.

eels_fan

First Grade
Tim Smith will be up there contesting for it .. just give him one or two seasons to learn the ropes..

Davester

Juniors
I think it will be between Scott Prince and Brett Seymour, they are surely the two in the running. I'm not too sure about Nathan Fein though...

eels_fan said:
Tim Smith will be up there contesting for it .. just give him one or two seasons to learn the ropes..

Yeah he'd be up there contesting for it, well not now though. It all depends in how his form goes in the next couple of seasons I reckon and how the other halfbacks go. Would experience play a role in his selection? Who knows but so far he's handled First Grade good so far in these 3 rounds.

Jordan

Juniors
I don't like Brett Seymour... He's done nothing to prove to me that he's Brisbane's best talent since Darren Lockyer.

I'd much rather Prince or Thurston at half... I don't think Seymour should be picked just because of his combination with Lockyer. You think he would even be considered if he played for another club? I doubt it.

Any average halfback can look good playing alongside the great Darren Lockyer.

Billybob

Juniors
Johnathon Thurston

he will continue to kill them on the field his form is awesome lately

he has single handedly won the past two games (stepping up when needed) for the cowboys and that to me shows big game composure

but on the other hand dont pick too many cowboys or they may suffer the same fate as the broncos post origin